aberdeen-music

Delivery times to the North-East

framheim

Anyone else getting fucking fed up with delivery companies pretending like they have to physically haul shit over mountains into the very depths of isolated wilderness just to delivery stuff up here? I ordered a very vital piece of equipment for delivery today and when it didn't arrive i phoned to find out where it was only to be told that my work(in Banchory) is actually in a two day delivery area which wasn't initially obvious with my postcode. The chap wasn't very helpful and didn't seem to care when i told him that there was no logical reason for this and couldn't provide any information on how to raise this issue with parcelforce(which leads me to another rant about trying to get in touch with parcelforce/royal mail in general but i'll leave that for another day).

Now my work regularly orders stuff for next day delivery from down south and get it delivered before 10 am the next day. bah. load of bastards.

i'm sure i've even seen companies try and claim aberdeen is impossible to deliver to next day. idiots.

• Upvote 1

I can get stuff delivered from Amazon to my work on a next day delivery, but to my house 30 mins further out, along dual carriageway? Not a hope. I've even seen some companies refuse to do next day to Aberdeen which is just bloody ridiculous.

Last time I was caught out by this, I spied the terms and conditions before placing the order, so googled for a discount code and got 20% off. In your face, well known internet clothes retailer!

Delivery companies have been a real bugbear with me just now, had appalling service from CityLink and Parceline in the last month. From City Link delivering my laptop to the wrong address and then doing nothing to recover it until the the company that wrongly received it sorted it out to Parceline's guaranteed next day delivery of my new mobile taking 4 days. Customer service from both was next to non existant as well with complete indifference shown.

Guest treader.

i've never really had a problem with deliveries. the thing that really gets me is when the 'estimated dispatch date' gets set further back and further back. like what happened with my vinyl from amazon.

Citylink works for my work (next day no probs), being 22 miles West of Aberdeen, as does Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Parcel Farce is the worst. Gets to Aberdeen next day (`24`hr Delivery), then gets delivered to the sticks the day after.

I NEVER order from any company who charge extra to deliver to `the Highlands` in Aberdeenshire. How would punters like of we charged extra to send stuff to London etc.

depends on the courier, some believe that parts of aberdeen are "highlands and islands" not bad for the oil capital of europe.

the worst offenders, i have found, are arsehole force/ royal mail special delivery, they would seem to be simply scam artists.

firstly if they have no intention of delivering on time they will claim that they tried to deliver said item but nobody was home. a crock of shit seeing we have a 24hour manned reception.

second part of the scam is ask you to wait till after 12 noon as it could be delivered anytime up until then, after 12 noon the depot shuts and there is no-one to speak to, brilliant!

third part of the scam, my personal favourite, the web tracking is on a three day delay, allegedly, fantastic if you are after a next day delivery. and best of all try phoning to complain about it. the reaction gives you a sense that everything you have been through is a very common occurrence....