aberdeen-music

Laura Marling @ The Tunnels, 30th October 2008

Richie

Anyone else think she looked miserable?

Agreed. It was slightly confusing that Laura was miserable and Malcolm was pretty cheerful. I guess that is what Aberdeen can or can't do for you! See my photo of Laura for further proof:

2987259987_6eab93c671.jpg

I enjoyed both sets but it vastly improved once the crowd thinned a bit before Malcolm. There definitely was no magical moment of hush for Laura; I was away near the fire exit about 7 rows back from the front and definitely heard plenty of bar chat as well as some from folks around the bottom of the stairs.

Some more photos: Malcolm Middleton & Laura Marling - a set on Flickr

I'm with you on that plan of yours Andy. Something must be done - it was pretty bad when it was Moshulu but now that it is spreading to decent venues like the Tunnels...

I think people need to be shown there are places where you can go, have a drink, chat with your mates, and not piss off people who are there to see someone who has a PA yet is struggling to compete against your collective loudmouthedness. It's called a pub.