aberdeen-music

Fallout 3

Le Stu

The subway system is really starting to annoy me. Trying to get to the vault tec headquarters from the galaxy news radio building is a nightmare! They're right beside each other on the map but I spent an hour last night fighting through subway lines and still didn't get there.

Thankfully I'm now at a sufficient level that the zombies in the subway don't pose any threat to me at all. The scrounger and commando perks appear to be paying dividends for me as well.

if it's for a quest it'll tell you how to get there on your local map. subways are a piece of piss once you get used to it.

why do you need to get to vault tec headquarters anyway? i've not been there yet so it can't be for a story quest. just looking at my map and i notice it's in the middle of vernon square which i've been to but for a different quest.

i got the explorer perk which reveals all locations. there's a place called republic of dave. it must be an omen :)

It's for a quest to get a violin for an old woman I found in shack in the wastelands. She'd better give me good caps for it or I'll shoot her in the head.

The world map points to dots that I assume are undiscovered subway stations. I think the problem was they were on a different line to the one's I'd already discovered. Hopefully now I've found Metro Central life will be easier.

Ding!: Fallout 3 Level Cap Getting Dialed Up To 30

arse, didn't realise the level cap was currently at 20. i might've picked different perks if i knew that. i was gonna pick the lawbringer perk at some point and start cleaning up the wastes. i could always start a new game sometime and pick real badass perks.

have to say despite my earlier misgivings about the game, it is shit hot. took me ages to get into it but once i found a gun i liked and got used to vats and stuff it really came into it's own.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone else's game freeze in Evergreen Mills? Everytime I walk up the railway track by the prisoners, as soon as I turn the corner where the 2 raiders are standing on the overhead walkway the game freezes.

Don't know if this is the answer you want but..my xbox kept freezing at random points during the game, then it happened in other games and then i got the red ring of death (in the space of about a week).

My xbox is now on its way back from germany after getting fixed

Don't know if this is the answer you want but..my xbox kept freezing at random points during the game, then it happened in other games and then i got the red ring of death (in the space of about a week).

My xbox is now on its way back from germany after getting fixed

Certainly not the answer I was looking for!

I did a google yesterday and it seems freezing at that point of Evergreen Mills is quite common, so hopefully not a prelude to red ring, it's meant to be the main entrance to the zone so folk were missing out on that whole area. But I entered from the cliffs at the back so I've already done everything I need to there. Will just fast travel out of there and be on my way.

My sense of exploration also caught me out the other day when I inadvertantly found Liam Neeson, completely out of sequence to where I am in the main plot! So I just reloaded a point before I entered that building and am now trying to forget where it is. Don't want to touch the main story for a while.

I started this again. Playing it completely differently from last time.

Ive not completed the wasteland survival guide et but have already first worked for the slavers then slaughtered them all. Heading to galaxy news radio, then will head back to Rivet City, though Im not sure I'll be welcome after enslaving Flak then his head exploding when I tried to disarm his collar.

I convinced the Megaton sherriff into 500 caps for dismantling the bomb, so did it. Saved it just before though, cos I plan on blowing it up and watching from Tenpenny Tower, since I've heard it looks amazing.

Yeah i've been playing it through on Good Karma, will defo replay and just be a general ass. I'm fed up running into Talon Mercs every 10 mins (this happen to everyone or am I just really unlucky with the random encounters?)

I've also lost my way with Main Quest. I need to go to Vault 87 via Lamplight but I just can't be arsed. Every time I play the game at the moment I just seem to end up arseing around the Wasteland for a couple of hours and not really doing much.

Ho hum... I'll finish it one day.

I fucking love this game. Im a "Good defender" just now, cos Im an ass-hot to folk on occassion then quite nice on others. I'm doing so much more than last time this time round however. I only just got to Galaxy news Radio, The Washington Monument and Museum of Technology for the first time last night, despite completing the game before.

Completing another quest and seeing the little achievement panel is fucking amazing.

Going back to finish the Wasteland Survival Guide now.

Has anyone actually gotten into the other part of Rivert City? Need 100 lockpick to open the door apaprently. Fuck that.

Has anyone actually gotten into the other part of Rivert City? Need 100 lockpick to open the door apaprently. Fuck that.

I've got a couple of quests to get in there and it's annoying me quite a lot. Even tried jumping off the top of the flight deck, but didn't make it.

The whole lockpicking and hacking computers bit is pretty annoying, in the early stages of the game you could always get the key or find the password some other way. But increasingly I'm finding if I don't have the skill level I can't get in. You should at least get the force lock option if you don't have the necessary lockpick level.

i had to put this down because of exams, but looking to get cracked into it soon.

if i remember correctly, i'm looking for the family but i got my arse handed to me by supermutants at the outdoor cinema.

is there any good weapons to be found just lying about? i'm currently using a laser pistol i found in that supermarket with all the raiders, but i'd like something less tech. got loads of ammo for it, but not much for any of my other weapons.

i had to put this down because of exams, but looking to get cracked into it soon.

if i remember correctly, i'm looking for the family but i got my arse handed to me by supermutants at the outdoor cinema.

is there any good weapons to be found just lying about? i'm currently using a laser pistol i found in that supermarket with all the raiders, but i'd like something less tech. got loads of ammo for it, but not much for any of my other weapons.

Just play it more, you'll get more guns and level up enough so that the super mutants don't pose you any problems soon enough.

My favourite weapon is the Chinese Assault Rifle. But you'll need alot of 5.56mm ammo. Cos it goes through it pretty rapid.

I carry pretty much as much 10mm, 5.56mm, shotgun shells, 32cal and .308cal ammo as i can possibly find, as well as a scoped 44 magnum, chinese assault rifle, 10mm submachine gun, 10mm pistol, sniper rifle, laser pistol, hunting rifle, combat shotgun and alot of frag mines and grenades. Grenades are awesome for quickly halving a super mutant's HP using V.A.T.S

Discovered a good idea was going to minefield and disarming/collecting as many mines as I could.

I've got a couple of quests to get in there and it's annoying me quite a lot. Even tried jumping off the top of the flight deck, but didn't make it.

go round the back of the broken bit of the ship - ie the most south/easterly part of the map, , and swim round the water-based side of the ship to the split. theeeen if you go under water and face towards the broken part (ie face south) there's an unlocked door to get in.

beware though, the fucker's reaming with mirelurks and you have to be pretty swift to avoid drowning. lots of nice swag in there though

my plan is to just wonder about to get back to grips with the game, but maybe a little direction for some snazzy gear/side quests would be helpful?

go to the west of the map and find the Deathclaw Sanctuary. It's a hoot, and has a gatling laser called Vengeance - its ace. also, in the middle of the map near Minefield, theres a

wreck of an alien spaceship and an alien blaster that basically kills everything with one shot. be careful though, because once its broken, you're fucked. same with ammo, once you're out, i think theres a storage warehouse at the north of the map with some more but its a cunt to get into

• Upvote 1

My top tip for deathclaws (if you happen to swing by Old Olney):

Go for their legs, throw frag mines in their path or anything you have that will quickly cripple a leg. Then run away to a safe distance and hit them in the head with an assault rifle.

Either that or smack them with a fat boy.

my plan is to just wonder about to get back to grips with the game, but maybe a little direction for some snazzy gear/side quests would be helpful?
There's a damaged overpass near the entrance to Arefu with a raider party underneath. Beside that is a wrecked house. Kill them and you'll get yourself a niec combat shotgun as well as some other stuff. I think you may also get some help off the Brotherhood when attacking the house.

go round the back of the broken bit of the ship, and swim round to the split. if you go under water there's an open door to get in.

beware though, the fucker's reaming with mirelurks. lots of nice swag in there though too

Sweet, will try that tonight.

Mirelucks don't scare me. 3 shotgun blasts to their face and they're done, then I can feast on their meat.

go round the back of the broken bit of the ship, and swim round to the split. if you go under water there's an open door to get in.

beware though, the fucker's reaming with mirelurks. lots of nice swag in there though too

balls. I may reload an earlier save and do that before reportng back to Moira.

I better stop talking about this and get back to work!

• 2 weeks later...