aberdeen-music

Fallout 3

Le Stu

i had a better go at it today and was doing quite well but i'm now pinned down in a house in dc with super brutes all around me and not a lot of ammo. i just want to get to the bloody radio station!

I'm going round in circles in the metro, with little ammo trying to get to the radio station.....

Really enjoying the game but it should come with a warning - its one of those games that give me motion sickness if i run around too much :(

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has been able to get into Vault 87.

I get near it and the rads jump to 676 per second and I'm toast.

I have tried Radiation suits and Advanced Radiation suits but I still end up fried.

Also I can't find a couple of missions. The only 1 I remember at the moment is "You have to shoot them in the head!"

Anyone know where it starts and who I should talk to?

I have tried Radiation suits and Advanced Radiation suits but I still end up fried.

Also I can't find a couple of missions. The only 1 I remember at the moment is "You have to shoot them in the head!"

doesn't that start in the underworld? talk to the barman i think.

I feel like I've gotten a bit bored and directionless with my playing now. I suppose that's the drawback of open-ended games. I find I forget where I'm at in sidequests and picking them up again can be a bit confusing.

But Deathclaws are shit-your-pants scary and figuring out how to kill them without serious amounts of explosives or mininukes may keep me going!

I feel like I've gotten a bit bored and directionless with my playing now. I suppose that's the drawback of open-ended games. I find I forget where I'm at in sidequests and picking them up again can be a bit confusing.

But Deathclaws are shit-your-pants scary and figuring out how to kill them without serious amounts of explosives or mininukes may keep me going!

Combat shotgun and high small guns skill. Four shots to the face and they're done.

i think vault 87 is the one where you have to enter via some caves in Little Lamplight (its in the main questline)

and for "you gotta shoot them in the head" go to underworld, and speak to a goul called Mister Crowley (up the stairs to the right) he'll give you the mission

i think vault 87 is the one where you have to enter via some caves in Little Lamplight (its in the main questline)

and for "you gotta shoot them in the head" go to underworld, and speak to a goul called Mister Crowley (up the stairs to the right) he'll give you the mission

Yeah I suddenly realised I was being a twat about Vault 87 when replaying an old saved game.

"You gotta shoot them in the head" proved to be a short mission for me as I had already killed almost everyone on his list. I had been talking to Mr Crowley at night and you have to talk to him during the day to get the mission to start.

My only problem now is that I don't know how to get the Brotherhood to teach me to wear Power Armour.

Yeah I suddenly realised I was being a twat about Vault 87 when replaying an old saved game.

"You gotta shoot them in the head" proved to be a short mission for me as I had already killed almost everyone on his list. I had been talking to Mr Crowley at night and you have to talk to him during the day to get the mission to start.

My only problem now is that I don't know how to get the Brotherhood to teach me to wear Power Armour.

again, this is in the main questline. you will be sent to the main headqauters of the brotherhood and you can ask the leader if you can be trained. then you find the the guy who does it (in the main courtyard) and you will be able to equip all types of power armour.

use gamefaqs.com if you get stuck again

I finished this with good karma on new years eve.

I was a bit gutted cos I could have done alot more side quests.

Going to play it again being a complete cunt to everyone.

I'm trying really hard to be bad but there's still something inside me that keeps making me do the right thing. Though I did purposely destroy someone's robot after I offered to repair it then shot him in the head for complaining. Turns out he lied about not having any caps, so it was totally worth the bad karma.

Did anyone blow up Megaton?

Yeah, the nuclear explosion is fucking awesome to watch, I killed Burke and Tenpenny after to vaguely regain some karma (and to get Tenpenny's sniper).

Might start a new game after I'm finished just to set off the bomb.

I only bought this at the weekend, up to level 6 and so far my least favourite mission is by far the fucking fire ants in Grayditch. I had enough ammo, stimpacks and explosives to take over a small country, but getting through those fire ants almost wiped me out.

By the end of it I was just throwing mines at them then getting their attention so they walked over them, seemed a much easier solution and certainly saved what meager ammo I had left.

There's so much I haven't done that I really do need to play it again. I haven't even been to big town or underworld.

I think I'm gonna do every quest I can before moving onto the main stroy quests. Should take me a while. Though I might not get offered as many quests when I'm being a complete bastard to all and sundry.

There's so much I haven't done that I really do need to play it again. I haven't even been to big town or underworld.

I think I'm gonna do every quest I can before moving onto the main stroy quests. Should take me a while. Though I might not get offered as many quests when I'm being a complete bastard to all and sundry.

i accidentally completed the story last night and was gutted thinking about all the stuff i was meaning to do. they should really warn you that it's the end of the game before you set off on that mission so you can fuck off and do stuff.

thankfully this morning i discovered that i had a saved slot just as i entered the building at the end but before going into the final bit so i can run off and do stuff while leaving everyone there waiting for me to come back and finish the job.

The subway system is really starting to annoy me. Trying to get to the vault tec headquarters from the galaxy news radio building is a nightmare! They're right beside each other on the map but I spent an hour last night fighting through subway lines and still didn't get there.

Thankfully I'm now at a sufficient level that the zombies in the subway don't pose any threat to me at all. The scrounger and commando perks appear to be paying dividends for me as well.

thankfully this morning i discovered that i had a saved slot just as i entered the building at the end but before going into the final bit so i can run off and do stuff while leaving everyone there waiting for me to come back and finish the job.
yeah I have that save as well, though I think rather than run off, im gonna play the game from the beginning being a total arsehole and avoid main story missions as much as possible.