aberdeen-music

Fallout 3

Le Stu

cool, im really thinking about getting this now, do you not notice that they've just put out a load of games recently, i can't afford them all!

Zavvi have it for 35. I don't know if that's the cheapest high street deal but avforums is a good board to check for bargains and offers. Yeah, the pre-christmas releases are really coming in now. Difficult to choose, but I really don't have time to play them all, even if I could afford them!

I opted for the PC version as I have a fairly high-end machine with twin graphics cards (cheaper too!) and I prefer mouse+keyboard for FPS game..

Y'know, I just built a PC with one of those new ATI GPU cards and I was kind of sucking my teeth over whether I should buy it for Xbox360 or PC, but I went for the Xbox360 version in the end. I was convinced by just how well Mass Effect worked out on Xbox and I figured they'd have made it primarily for that platform.

And I knead moar achievement!!!!11

I really love Fallout 3 so far. Maybe I'm just a pussy, but I find the whole experience extremely tense, and there's something unenjoyable about baseball-batting the doggies.

I find it hard to be cool when I'm beating a dangerous dog with a bludgeon.

That's why I prefer to employ mad crazy gatz and cap 'em in tha caninium.:up:

I just got the hang of this game, the map was annoying me before and I was a huge fallout 1&2 fan.

Still not sure about the oblivion style controls. Also the enemies are stupid. I just keep luring them to me then using the VATS system on them. But it's quite good.

Shame im probably not going to touch it for ages when Gears 2 arrives tomorow. :up:

Fallout 3 is seriously epic. The first time you see the game world in all its desolate glory is a moment to behold - I almost found myself blinking in the sunshine.

And yes, it is pretty tense. The first time I ventured into the wasteland at night I I was holding my breath in an attempt not to alert any nearby enemies! That's immersion.

• 2 weeks later...
Just finished the main quest on Fallout 3 and a large amount of side quests! What an amazing game! Sooo good. Going to take a break and play left 4 dead for a bit with my friends, but will definitely play through it again.

Dayeth, you HAVE to purchase Left4Dead so that you can join terry, ally and I in the online coop!

God damnit! Will solid gold do a decent trade in on Gears 2 when i've completed it?

Ooooh, extra content sounds good for Fallout. :love:

Hopefullt they will raise the level cap also.

Operation: Anchorage: Enter a military simulation and fight in one of the greatest battles of the Fallout universe the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders. An action-packed battle scheduled for release in January.

The Pitt: Journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh. Choose your side. Scheduled for release in February.

Broken Steel: Join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all. Continues the adventure past the main quest. Scheduled for release in March.