aberdeen-music

Gigs you wished you went to instead of staying home!

britheguy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest calumunderkills

Aged 14 - got offered a ticket for Oasis @ Loch Lomond. Mum wouldn't let me go. Never forgiven her...

About 3 years ago, went to see Rescue Party supporting some American band at Kef. Ticket was a fiver. Couldn't be arsed going downstairs to watch the headline act. The band was called We Are Scientists.......

This year had tickets for Muse at Wembley - decided I couldn't afford the trip. Really wish I'd gone now.

I had the ticket in my hand, and gave to my shipmate instead of going myself. A resounding Doh!!

The Who, Sensational Alex Harvey Band ,Little Feat, Outlaws,Streetwalkers, Widowmaker

Who Put the boot In Parkhead Glasgow 1976

I was at that.....it was great!!!!!

Wish I'd gone to...

Led Zeppelin at the Music Hall (it was sold out)

Nico at the Univ.Union (didn't know about it til after the gig)

Bridget St John (as above)

David Bowie at the Music Hall

Slade at the Beach Ballroom (too worried about skinheads!)

Jethro Tull at the Music Hall in the 70s (had an exam next day)

Jeff Buckley in Edinburgh (considered going, as when I got 'Grace' it had a sticker with his tour dates on it...but I thought I'd wait til he eventually came to Aberdeen!)

Guest treader.
Jeff Buckley in Edinburgh (considered going, as when I got 'Grace' it had a sticker with his tour dates on it...but I thought I'd wait til he eventually came to Aberdeen!)

ouch, a particularly sore one!?

Feck me!!!!!!!!! I just checked that Who site...and I'm near the front of the first photo...looking pretty hairy/beardy/nerdy, with specs!!!!! My girlfriend at the time and I seem to be eating something (looks like a pork pie), or playing moothies....the guys next to us had managed to smuggle in a large bottle of vodka which they were kind enough to share with us :):up:

I was at that.....it was great!!!!!

Wish I'd gone to...

Led Zeppelin at the Music Hall (it was sold out)

Nico at the Univ.Union (didn't know about it til after the gig)

Bridget St John (as above)

David Bowie at the Music Hall

Slade at the Beach Ballroom (too worried about skinheads!)

Jethro Tull at the Music Hall in the 70s (had an exam next day)

'twas great, with a rather wasted Martin "zero" Hannett in the backing band

annoyed i missed Devine at the venue

ouch, a particularly sore one!?

Yeah...that's a big regret...he wasn't really well known over here, but, having been a big Tim Buckley fan I'd checked out his music and liked it a lot.

A friend of mine was the studio engineer when he did some radio sessions in NYC, but if she let them leak she'd get extremely sued :down:

Feck me!!!!!!!!! I just checked that Who site...and I'm near the front of the first photo...looking pretty hairy/beardy/nerdy, with specs!!!!! My girlfriend at the time and I seem to be eating something....the guys next to us had managed to smuggle in a large bottle of vodka which they were kind enough to share with us :):up:

ha you look a bit like weird al

Nae joy man,

Would have loved to see him live.

I had the ticket in my hand, and gave to my shipmate instead of going myself. A resounding Doh!!

The Who, Sensational Alex Harvey Band ,Little Feat, Outlaws,Streetwalkers, Widowmaker

Who Put the boot In Parkhead Glasgow 1976

You.

Fucking.

Eejit.

Happy to say that I was too young to go to that gig.

Back in the 80's, I wish I had gone to a gig at the Pavilion in Ayr where a metal band called Virus were playing....

...I was supposed to be debuting on guitar...but forgot all about it and got pished instead.

Got booted tae fuck out the band!

Groop Dogdrill and The Backyard Babies at The Lemontree; for the cost of mere 1 (hadn't bothered to get the night off work)

Joe Strummer and The Mesceleros in Edinburgh, one month before he died (Couldn't be bothered travelling and assumed that a longer tour that came to Aberdeen would follow)

AC/DC and The Wildhearts at the AECC (was pretty young)

:down: