aberdeen-music

P90 pickups

Soda Jerk

I need advice on P90's. Proper P90's, not humbucker sized P90's.

I'm after some fairly low output ones that will provide sparkling cleans but will give a bit of grunt and crunch when driven by the amp. I've had a quick browse but most of them seem to say they are specifically hotter for heavier tones. I'm after warmth rather than attack.

Any suggestions? Brands/Models?

I had a Gibson SG Classic which came with Gibson P100's,

(Stacked/ hum cancelling P90's).Good sound though,

I still have them & they're for sale.

I replaced them with Lindy Fralin P90's, which get rave reveiws, but I didn't notice too muh of a difference.

In the end I sold that guitar, so there ends my brief, but enjoyable venture into the world of P90.

I know from friends & personal experience, that Bareknuckle pick ups do wonderfull P90's, & Tim would talk you through the minefield of choice.

Good luck.

I had a Les Paul Junior Special with P100s, and they were hands down the worst pickups I have ever played (no exageration). I ended up selling it after about a month to Jamesy out of My Minds Weapon, and before long he had replaced them with EMGs.

That said, I've never known of an SG Classic that came with P100s, usually they come with P90s.

http://www.music123.com/Gibson-SG-Classic-Electric-Guitar-with-P-90-Pickups-517127-i1149174.Music123