aberdeen-music

guitar fixy dude in aberdeen

hibbytam

just basic stuff, that I could probably do myself, if i knew how. And i'd rather not learn diy on this guitar, unless its blindingly simple.

Basically the strap metal peggy thing has just fallen out of my guitar, (taking part of my thumb with it, i'll add)

Anyway, and (preferably cheap, student here y'know) ideas of how to fix it, or who to send it to. Like the metal bit is completely out of the guitar, and there's no thread inside the guitar.

Any help much appreciated.

(the thumb's been bandaged up with toilet roll and a hair band, if you need to know)

T.

Matchsticks definately would meet budget.

And you think that'd hold? I'm fond of my thumb, and other body parts, and wouldn't want it to go and hurt me again.

and likely a couple gigs.

Thanks. Will try that. Will atleast give me an excuse to jump about with it like a madman (as ah was when it broke, infact...) Testing naturally.

( I realise in my trauma, i posted this in music corner, rather than musicians corner, is someone takes offence, then they should probably get a life, or get it moved)

I had to do this, and this technque worked perfectly.

get some very fine sawdust and some wood clue, mix it all together to make a paste, you wont need much, then pack the paste and a matchstick in as much and as tight as you can into the hole. leave it to dry for a few hours or a whole day if you want to be absolutely certain. then just screw it back in. holds perfectly, although i did need to do mine a second time, but that was my own fault because i didn't leave it to dry long enough. good luck:up:

G and C aren't even that close to each other on the keyboard. That's just the tip of a rather shitty iceberg. Jesus! o_O