aberdeen-music

Can't anyone take a joke anymore?

Afro Droid

A quick google of her name comes up with this...

Georgina Baillie <GeorgieGirl85>

Russell Brand. <--RUSSELLBRAND>

Yet, not hate on Russell's page! Hmmm... it's almost like one is a professionally managed profile with comments carefully vetted by a PR firm and the other is a personal profile of someone who daren't not log in, even to change her privacy settings.

Russell Brand. <--RUSSELLBRAND>

Yet, not hate on Russell's page! Hmmm... it's almost like one is a professionally managed profile with comments carefully vetted by a PR firm and the other is a personal profile of someone who daren't not log in, even to change her privacy settings.

To be fair there's hundreds of Russell Brand bebos...

It's all a bit ridiculous. I do think that the girl shouldn't have spoken to the press. Only adds fuel to the fire. She should've just issued a statement and left it at that. However, the comments on the page are just horrendous. Some are probably rather hypocritcal too...

Brand and Ross have been childish, the person in charge of the radio show has made a massive error of judgement and it really should all just be left to blow over.

I get the feeling that she'd have been quite happy to shout about how she'd slept with Brand, but it's somehow not alright for him to do the same?

I see what you mean. However, if this had been a chapter in his book rather than a 'joke' on the radio then it would've been a different story. If they'd left her voicemail messages... it might've been more 'amusing'.

Here's her side of the story...

Georgina Baillie says Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross 'disgust' her | The Sun |News

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I get the feeling that she'd have been quite happy to shout about how she'd slept with Brand, but it's somehow not alright for him to do the same?

Precisely the point I made, minus the swearing and personal insults.

:up:

I'm so confused about this whole thing. I'm losing track of what part people are offended by. Was it that a pre-recorded show that included Jonathan Ross saying "fucked" was allowed to be aired? Or because two grown men acted like twats?

They do think they can get away with everything, but I don't understand how this is getting more attention than the time ol' Russ did a prank call on a police hotline....

I'm also bewildered by the fact that it seemed to take over a week for the press to complain about it and that on Sunday, there were apparently only two complaints made and now they've gone into the thousands...

Ah fuck it, why am I talking about this like it's a real issue? :D

It would be utterly mental if either of them got sacked for this.

It's like when Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant were stopped from doing their segments on Radio 1 years ago after Simon Mayo was given the world record for longest radio broadcast and they said something like 'Thats not working, our fathers went down the mines, we know girls that do lesbian stuff for crack money. I want to see Simon Mayo suspended upside down in an Amsterdam torture garden getting jizzed on by twenty men in gimp suits'.

The official reason given to them for the sacking was 'Simon didn't like it...he's a Christian'. Golden.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
But would she shout out loud about it to her grandad? No. Precisely.

Seems the silly tart doesn't have any qualms about bleating to the red-tops about it, though...

Seems the silly tart doesn't have any qualms about bleating to the red-tops about it, though...

It's already been said. Its not like she threw in anymore information. If some twat went and spoke a bunch of shit about me on the national media, I too would go "well fuck it, to the sun to get some cash then!".