aberdeen-music

Can't anyone take a joke anymore?

Afro Droid

Which of these news stories was the leading item on the 10 o'clock news last night?

a) The war / humanitarian crisis in D.R. Congo

b) Witnesses saying in court that they saw British police shoot Jean Charles de Menezez without giving any warning

c) The upcoming election in the most powerful country in the world

d) The latest update on the global financial crisis

e) A TV/ radio presenter being suspended for making a prank phone call

it's obvious really isn't it

:down:

"give the people what they want".

I myself was disappointed that Channel 4 news descended into the mle too...should have been a footnote, but no...a 5 min discussion with two experts was needed...what a load of toss.

Jesus motherfucking christ (uh-oh, I'm about to be killed by these good-for-nothing do-gooder bastards, aren't I?)

I can understand the outrage about Wossy and Brand, because quite frankly, neither can really be ranked as a comedian due to their excessive shiteness at, y'know, being funny. It's fairly fundamental for a comedian, I'd have thought...

But Mock the Week, and the regulars on it, ARE actually genuinely funny. When Frankie Boyle came out with that haunted pussy gag, I literally spent hours laughing at it. People with no sense of humour need to be removed from this earth.

By dying from shock leading to a heart attack.

After a ghost comes out the queen's pussy.

Well, I for one hope that Mock The Week is cancelled at the end of its run. It's always been a poor man's HIGNFY and Frankie Boyle really is the only decent thing about it.

Now we know that if a show is shit we can just complain to OFCOM that it's obscene and get it lifted! Magic. It's all about results.:up:

Guest treader.

How is it that this causes such an uproar and yet, nobody (to my knowledge) has ever batted an eyelid to the Little Britain "suchandsuch were made by a black man" followed by racism-induced vomit!?

I know which one is potentially more offensive, not that I really give a shit about either.

How is it that this causes such an uproar and yet, nobody (to my knowledge) has ever batted an eyelid to the Little Britain "suchandsuch were made by a black man" followed by racism-induced vomit!?

I know which one is potentially more offensive, not that I really give a shit about either.

because that's taking the piss out of racism...and is "generic"...

where as phoning an old man and bragging about fucking his grand-daughter, isn't.

but, I don't find the latter shocking either. (just both piss poor "jokes")

Guest treader.
(just both piss poor "jokes")

agreed, but I still feel like just because other people have "done" racism before, it doesnt mean it's any less offensive to the kind of people who are offended by racism.

with me?

agreed, but I still feel like just because other people have "done" racism before, it doesnt mean it's any less offensive to the kind of people who are offended by racism.

with me?

but the "joke" part of the sketch isn't to make people think that being racist is funny...so it's not a "racist joke"...it's laughing at someone that appears to be racist. (in my book, that means the intention is to say "look at this twat, she's a racist and how stupid is she?"

now, show that 12 times in a row, replacing a cake with a newspaper, remote control, seat, paperclip etc...and you'll find that it wasn't funny in the first place...

now, saying "I want that one" and then saying "I don't want it" 125 times....IS funny...

ho ho ho, ha ha ha, he he he, ho ho ho, ah ha ha ha....gotta love those clever comedians.

I think all comedians now have a job on their hands....to be as rude, offensive and visceral as possible on telly. All the time. Fuck the conservative red top double standard shit heads.

I (stupidly) wrote a letter of complaint to the Sun for an "offensive" story (thinly veiled homophobia and racism)...I sadly didn't get a reply...or the paper shut down.