aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Pub Quizes

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Righteo, I love a good pub quiz and want to get back into attending a regular one.

Are there are any good ones that you know of?

I used to attend the Snafu one, but it sort of frittered out, sadly. I also used to enjoy the Drummonds one until I realised how many of the regular teams cheat and hit up google on their phones. This is hard to avoid, I suppose.

So yes...recommendations please.

Guest calumunderkills
Righteo, I love a good pub quiz and want to get back into attending a regular one.

Are there are any good ones that you know of?

I used to attend the Snafu one, but it sort of frittered out, sadly. I also used to enjoy the Drummonds one until I realised how many of the regular teams cheat and hit up google on their phones. This is hard to avoid, I suppose.

So yes...recommendations please.

My mate runs a pub quiz, which he says is legendary, at Triple Kirks on a Sunday. I was once when he did at the Bobbin, and it was pretty good :up:

Guest idol_wild
My mate runs a pub quiz, which he says is legendary, at Triple Kirks on a Sunday. I was once when he did at the Bobbin, and it was pretty good :up:

Thanks for the tip-off, but I absolutely loathe Triple Kirks - so that suggestion is out! :D

Guest idol_wild
I bet its not.

The Prince of Wales sounds like a good shout. I can never get a mobile reception in there, so surely that would cut down on cheating?

Good point. It'd be perfect if The Tunnels did one. I remember when the place first opened they had a music quiz on Sunday evenings. But it didn't really work. Maybe it would now, though.

Guest idol_wild
If you decide on one, give me a shout and I'll come along. Haven't flexed my quiz muscles for a while.

You were in my shortlist for potential team members anyway. :up:

PS - I don't seem to have your mobile number in my phone these days (I think I had a promoter from Glasgow called Chris on my phone and when I deleted him I deleted you instead). So PM or text me, etc.