aberdeen-music

Black Atom to split

Joe Atom

sad times. as joe said, we go back a lot of years and it'll be a sad day when the boys play their last gig. a lot of special times have been had. no doubt plenty of them will be getting told over the course of the last few dates, particularly on the 6th. looking forward to that one a lot. the end of an era for sure.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad times. as joe said, we go back a lot of years and it'll be a sad day when the boys play their last gig. a lot of special times have been had. no doubt plenty of them will be getting told over the course of the last few dates, particularly on the 6th. looking forward to that one a lot. the end of an era for sure.

ASFG will be seeing you boys there...

Cheers guys, we truly appreciate all the words of support.

We're just going to try and make sure that these last 2 gigs are as fun as they can be and so we're working really hard (about time eh?) to compile a set that spans as much of our 10 years as possible.

Both these gigs should be pretty unique so please try and make it down to both and we'll do our best to throw in some surprises for everyone.

We can't wait!! It'll be great to be able to thank everyone for all the brilliant gigs etc we've had over the years, and so please come and say hi (well I suppose bye :down: )

See you then!!

it's a talent i have. for finding guys with massive pieces. i'll be honest, it's not my most useful gift!

if robbs was on that poster, it'd just be packed to the gunnel's with sluts to see him and that's take away from the music, which is what FeSTR have always been about ;)

Aye....right...!!!

• 3 weeks later...

lastone.jpg

Perhaps a month later than everyone else, but along with some shameless self promotion, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your kind words, those who loved us and those who didn't but were able to see past any "Heavy Metal Band" preconceptions. At the end of the day Atom for me has always been about 6 really good mates with a passion for playing some rocking tunes, putting on a show and taking anyone willing along for the ride, something we'll do right up to the last chord of our last song on the 14th

There's been a lot of incredible memories shared so far in this thread, memorable gigs for me include, every Halloween and the various covers at each one, most notably the year Dan joined the band live on-stage, crashing in during the middle of Empty Sky posing as Death, I swear I had such a rush from the response we got there I nearly passed out. The slew of packed out Lava/Kef gigs we played around the launch of Exile (Reckoning Day 2!!), the St Laurence Hall gigs, the first one at Mearns Academy, The "evening with..." at Moshulu, The Double Jack & T that B Album launches at the Lemon Tree. In fact the whole writing, recording and gigging of the Album was an incredible ride.

There's been some pretty obscure moments too, especially "The Portlethen Massacre" and playing on a beach to a hoard of bemused ravers on a sand dune down the beach at 1am somewhere in 2001.

Man, so many scattered memories, all of which are good. Like Sandman-Gu and Erskine winning the wheelbarrow race at Fudges 4th, partying slightly too hard on many occasions with Risactonia (especially having to leg it out of the flat with Mowatt sporting a half shaven head when a Risac' band fall-out went nuclear), having OAP's asking for their money back at a Charity Talent Show in Edzell because we were 'too loud', myself trying (and failing) to take on Del Double Jack in the infamous "Old Samuel Affair". Briefly forgetting how to play guitar during a Moorings set after one too many pre-gig Jagers. Practicing in Joe's living room in the early days, playing at many a party in living rooms in Auchenblae and in barns in Drumlithie....

Man I could go on and on, and on. Long story short, it has been an awesome ride which I have been immensely proud to be a part of, and will take with me for the rest of my life, a massive thanks from the bottom of my heart to everyone who's ever been involved in any way, shape or form.

Peace Out

x

That was an amazing gig for the atom on Saturday!

Ace live show: good to see Joe abusing the wirelessness of his mic (reminded me of him getting locked outside Drakes for 3 songs back-in-the-day), and the generally huge sound of 3 guitars, bass, drums & metal vocals. The individual sound of each instrument was brutal and the mix out front was very good; I hope it was recorded / getting released as a live mix!!

Highlights for me were the 3 Out of Exile tracks for pure sing-a-long ability, and the riffage of the new material. Won't be able to catch the last ever gig but was as good a send off as any.

How long will we have to wait for a reunion show... ?