aberdeen-music

Still Newish Aberdeen Band Seeks Gigs: Take III

ASFG

Im fishing to see if anyone might have any decent gigs on offer for a new Aberdeen rock band in the vein of Jimmy Eat World, Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Brand New.

We had our debut gig on the 18th of October at The Moorings Bar. We were given the headline slot. We had our own promotional material printed. We brought a crowd.

For obvious reasons I can't accurately assess how good we were, but in the words of the promoter's missus, "To be honest I was secretly hoping you guys would be shit, but you weren't."

Wow. You don't get praise more glowing than that do you? You do? Well boo to you.

Well take a serious look at anything on offer; varied line-ups are fine and were always more than happy to take a part in promoting the night.

(On an anecdotal note, after the last gig, James Allen turned up and tried to gatecrash our after-show party. With a few choice words the frontman of Glasvegas was turned away - and if that doesn't speak volumes for our musical credentials, nothing will.)

Getting back on topic, if you think you have something that might suit us please get in touch. I'm thinking towards the middle or the end of November.

PM Me.

Thanks,

ASFG

good job guys, im glad the gig went well. i think you guys should get a few recordings done now if you have a few tunes your completely happy with, even just 2 or 3 tunes up on your myspace will make a big difference to you landing gigs. a few places to try that have quite reasonable rates would be Captain Toms or Musical Vision. Or maybe you know somebody with a multi tracker and you could do them yourselves?

it would be worth the investment