aberdeen-music

Nhl

Teabags

cos of the NFL thread...

Any fans?

For the first tiem in the while, my team of choice, the Sabres are doing quite well. Second in the overall league, top in our conference. Only a few points behind the Rangers who ahve played 11 games while we've only played 8, 9 once we play Ottawa Senators tonight; should be an easy win!

Also got top goal scorer Tomas Vanek, as well as top GAA and 2nd save percentage goalie Miller on the roster.

I also watch a bit of NHL.

I support the red wings, don't hate me though. Have done since I went to America as a young un and bought a bit of their merchandise. I believe we are 6 - 1 - 1 just now. So, good times.

Speaking of which I was going to order a new shirt but it cost me a fortune when I had to pay import tax on my NFL shirt and they come from the same place in America and im not doing that again. Anyone know any Europe based stores?

I also watch a bit of NHL.

I support the red wings, don't hate me though. Have done since I went to America as a young un and bought a bit of their merchandise. I believe we are 6 - 1 - 1 just now. So, good times.

Speaking of which I was going to order a new shirt but it cost me a fortune when I had to pay import tax on my NFL shirt and they come from the same place in America and im not doing that again. Anyone know any Europe based stores?

I got my ducks top from a roller blading/hockey shop on Rose St. For some reason i can't remember the name of it.

It's not thistle, im pretty sure it has skate in the title. Ill try and locate the name.

Edit: Can't seem to find it on the net. Best bet is to have a walk up Rose street and see if it's still there. Was quite up if i remember. About as far up as the all night bakery is on Chapel street. This is if it is still open. Doing my head in trying to remember the name of it.

Edit II: It could be 'Abskate' or that might have been the skateboard shop that used to be on Rosemount. This is all so long ago i am struggling to tell them apart.

The Calgary Flames are my team of choice, having started to support them back in the days of when the only team that Tampa Bay could beat was us. A hatred for the Lightning then started, which wasn't made any better by the absolutely heart-breaking loss to them in the Stanley Cup Finals :( I still wish Khabibulin all the worst to this day.

We've not had a great start to the season, but Calgary rarely do - and it doesn't help that the Northwest Divison is usually ridiculously close anyway.

The Calgary Flames are my team of choice, having started to support them back in the days of when the only team that Tampa Bay could beat was us. A hatred for the Lightning then started, which wasn't made any better by the absolutely heart-breaking loss to them in the Stanley Cup Finals :( I still wish Khabibulin all the worst to this day.

We've not had a great start to the season, but Calgary rarely do - and it doesn't help that the Northwest Divison is usually ridiculously close anyway.

Northwest is a hard division to be in, but I have a feeling Colorado will soon claw their way to the top. Saying that WIld finsihed pretty high last year.

It's not thistle, im pretty sure it has skate in the title. Ill try and locate the name.

Edit: Can't seem to find it on the net. Best bet is to have a walk up Rose street and see if it's still there. Was quite up if i remember. About as far up as the all night bakery is on Chapel street. This is if it is still open. Doing my head in trying to remember the name of it.

Edit II: It could be 'Abskate' or that might have been the skateboard shop that used to be on Rosemount. This is all so long ago i am struggling to tell them apart.

It was Abskate but is no more, closed late last year

3-0 against avalanche last night. First shutout of the season against Colorado. Good effort!

I used to love NHL but I've grown a bit bored of the game. It seems alot less physical than it used to be. How well they can skate and make it look so effortless is completely overlooked though.

I went to a Red Wings game 10 years ago whilst on holiday in the States, which was pretty awesome, so I guess they used to be my team. I also like the NY Rangers and also Montreal Canadiens. I however, don't like the non-snow cities that play hockey. Tampa/Florida, Carolina, Anaheim, LA. There's no ice there. Get fucked.

These days, I'm more into Baseball than Hockey. Not sure why, as its just glorified rounders and the games last about a fortnight. It sucks me in though, despite not properly knowing the rules.

• 1 year later...

Stanley Cup finals start on Saturday.

Chicago Blackhawks vs Philadelphia Flyers. Despite the Flyers having a monumental comeback against the Bruins (Brunis lead the series 3-0 in games, then Flyers won the next 3, and in game 7 came from being 3-0 down to win the game 3-4. Fucking monumental), the 'hawks are going to do them. Doubt it'll go to 7 games. 6 games max.

Aye aye, been a NHL & NJ Devils fan for a number of years.......and still love it to this day....

In fact i've got Devils merch all over my office...reason being (despite what Tbags & Stab will tell you)...franchise came to NJ in '82 which is the year i was born...

Scott Stevens was the greatest defenceman to have ever played at the top flight and i challenge anyone to dispute that...

As for whos' taking home Lord Stans Mug this year....gotta go with the Hawks...think their youth & energy will take it in the end....but it won't be that easy cause the Filth won't let them run away with it.....in fact being Philly they'll probably try to rip your heid off in some dirty, illegal, cowardly manner if you did try to run away with it.......

On to next season.....Let's go Devils....DOWN WITH THE RANGERS !

Scott Stevens was the greatest defenceman to have ever played at the top flight and i challenge anyone to dispute that...

Niklas Lidstrom!

I can't back that up with stats. I just like him. I had a Wings jersey when I was a teenager. It had his name and number on the back. Went to a game when I was over there back when I was 13. Wings against Blackhawks. Good game. Lidstrom smashed everyone to bits.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Lidstrom was ace. Best defencman right now is Duncan Keith, easy, and not just cos he's still in the playoff.

Tyler Myers for rookie of the year!

6-5 to the hawks in game 1 was NOT what I was expecting, but fucking hell. Think the broad street bullies should give Leighton one more chance

so, who's going to join us for some Aberdeen Lynx games once the season starts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...