aberdeen-music

Most Overrated Bands

Aaron_Robertson

haha what a prime example of someone getting far to upset over nothing.

The manics didnt sell out, and as was said if you were so into their message you wouldnt have gone near any of the other albums.

its easy to sit on the fence and be critical.

Yes, it is easy to sit on the fence and be critical, it's called freedom of thought, you should try it sometime. Why do I have to commit fully one way or the other?

I never said I was 'into their message', I don't actually feel that they had any particular message, they just read some highbrow literature that made too many people think they had some sort of depth, a berk who cut himself up to prove how earnest he was (but of course was pretty enough to have the girlies falling over themselves) and came up with ridiculous statements of intent that they never really lived up to in the end. Oh and Nicky Wire in a dress - girls always seem to like men who could pass as women in a dress.

Put it this way, if their first and only album had been the 'Holy Bible' album then I think they would have lived up to what they promised, much as PERSONALLY I feel that album is overrated.

I think you are getting a tad more upset than I am, I'm just defending my right to state I think they are overrated.

I'm so glad so many people dislike Razorlight. I'm not generally one to rip into a famous band and say they're shit, however Razorlight are awful. Jonny (thingy)... the singer anyway, is a complete twat. There music is so bad it upsets me. That one about "blah blah blah... mumble in america" is rotten. Then he compares himself to musical royalty... dickhead. Lets start another thread - pointless it may be - where we can slag off Razorlight and their shit-for-brains singer.

God I hate them... I feel angry thinking about them. Is that stupid?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

The Misfits. They are a pile of fucking ding.

I could understand people pretending to like them 20 years ago because Cliff Burton had a Misfits tattoo (poor sod) but I can't understand it nowadays.

Not :up: