aberdeen-music

Most Overrated Bands

Aaron_Robertson

Pointless thread, will just consist of people listing bands often considered "seminal" who they don't like.

I dunno, there could be some interesting points made. There's been plenty of worse thread ideas...

Anyhoo, my vote would probably be Razorlight. They have no songs. They have three minute introductions that go nowhere and do nothing. Pish, yet they somehow get raved about quite frequently. Therefore imo overrated.

Guest calumunderkills

Haha, I like The Enemy and Razorlight...

I think U2 are very over-rated. I do like them, but the hype that surrounds them as being one of the best ever bands in my opinion isn't merited.

I also think the Foo Fighters are massively over-rated. I've seen them live 3 times, and find about half their sets quite boring. The singles are generally really good, and Dave Grohl is a really good performer, but I don't think they're as good as everyone makes out! But I think I'm in the minority there because at the gigs I've been at, everyone is going totally mental for them...!

I think artists like Kylie and Madonna are total garbage, but again have this massive hype surrounding them, and they can sell out stadium tours etc. I just don't get it.

Guest calumunderkills
I'd agree with razorshite and the foo's

I would also add the killers and pendulum.

Is it just me or does every pendulum song have the exact same drum beat?

Pendulum songs are all instantly recognisable cos they all sound the same! :up:

Guns 'N' Roses...songs are bland, 3rd rate Rolling Stones, terrible dated production, annoying voice and the solos are rubbish. Why do people like them?

The Jesus And Mary Chain...I actually like the Jesus and Mary Chain but I don't think they are quite worthy of the godlike praise they receive...(also file The Velvet Underground in this category)

Guest Giles Walker

I have always been of the opinion that Muse are overrated but i have never met anyone who agrees with me.

I tried to listen to one of their albums but hi.gif

Tbh i think an underrated bands thread would be better than this, more positive as well.

puto-new.gif

i kinda agree about muse, however the live show is there bread and butter and it would be hard to argue with that (a million lasers or not).

dont think the ting tings and scouting for girls can be classed as overrated can they? just a couple of bands who are loved by kids (in the same mould as bob the builder).

- The Kooks

- Hard fi

- Kaiser Cheifs

- Pink Floyd (just cant get it at all?) iv tried so hard!

- Bon Jovi

- Led Zeppelin (i actually really like them but, not the greatest rock band ever etc. some amazing songs but, also some very below average ones too)