aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

I went for a Ravens v Packers Superbowl at the start of the season so I'm still in with a shot although I don't think the Ravens will beat the Steelers this weekend.

Really enjoyed the Seahawks v Saints match, that was hella good and that 67-yard run by Lynch was a great way to win it. The stiffarm/shove to knock Porter down was glorious.

I went for a Ravens v Packers Superbowl at the start of the season so I'm still in with a shot although I don't think the Ravens will beat the Steelers this weekend.

Really enjoyed the Seahawks v Saints match, that was hella good and that 67-yard run by Lynch was a great way to win it. The stiffarm/shove to knock Porter down was glorious.

MY favourite part was Hasselbeck running all that way to try and block someone then arsing it and doing nothing.

Thought this was chucklesome: New Orleans Saints Lose First-Round Bye | The Onion Sports Network

Ravens are my favourite team. Ray Rice is unbelievable but mainly it's because I like The Wire and Edgar Allen Poe. Steelers and Pats have got to be favourites, Green Bay were lucky to scrape into the playoffs at the expense of the Giants. I watched those games side by side. Great entertainment.

I've watched sooooo much football since moving to the states, I'm gonna have withdrawl symptoms soon.

Steelers vs Ravens game was quality. Not in terms of technique (I think they broke a record in penalty yards) but just the overall intensity and drama.

Packers completely rinsed the Falcons, was pretty boring by the end. That QB they've got, Rodgers I think, is unreal. Never seen passing accuracy like that before.

Cannot wait for sunday. I fully expected the pats to steamroll the jets but them winning was pretty incredible. Tom Brady is still a beast of a man, just got outplayed by some great defense. I'm gonna gorge myself on wings and beer and pretend I'm a fray boy for the day. The atmosphere is gonna be insane here, bars are reserving tables already. If the jets get to the superbowli can't even imagine how its gonna be.

That said the other game promises to be a better spectacle.

It's usually me in this thread. I commented on Friday... I'm sure I did. I had my predictions for discussion, must have fucked up the post on my phone.

I got the games right apart from the Jets.

That game was annoying. I hate the Pats. But I hate the Jets more. The only thing to like about the Jets is LT. Who is still a classy guy.

It's usually me in this thread. I commented on Friday... I'm sure I did. I had my predictions for discussion, must have fucked up the post on my phone.

I got the games right apart from the Jets.

That game was annoying. I hate the Pats. But I hate the Jets more. The only thing to like about the Jets is LT. Who is still a classy guy.

I knew ud come out the woodwork if I posted enough. Yeah, he's good. I'm beginning to like Rex Ryan too, he's a bit of a Ian holloway character by the sounds of it. Jets seem to be a total Marmite team which in itself I like.

As much as I would enjoy a jets win from a purely personal perspective, the steelers should win. The rapey guy (no allegedly) is a class big game qb. It was amazing how he did exactly what he needed to do against the ravens, no nerves, no fuss.

The other one I dunno how to call. Not seen enough of the bears. Thoughts?

I knew ud come out the woodwork if I posted enough. Yeah, he's good. I'm beginning to like Rex Ryan too, he's a bit of a Ian holloway character by the sounds of it. Jets seem to be a total Marmite team which in itself I like.

As much as I would enjoy a jets win from a purely personal perspective, the steelers should win. The rapey guy (no allegedly) is a class big game qb. It was amazing how he did exactly what he needed to do against the ravens, no nerves, no fuss.

The other one I dunno how to call. Not seen enough of the bears. Thoughts?

Pack to win the other one. The packers have an all round defence, Bear must get a good pass rush or their secondary will get picked apart by Rodgers and the Pack air game.

I think the Steelers will out muscle the Jets. They're pass rushers are just too good with a great d line as well. Plus Rex Ryan is a poor mans Dick Lebeau anyway when it comes to defence. That's why he's in the Hall of Fame already. I also don't trust Sanchez against a great defence, the Patriots defence are young and cant rush the passer. He's going to see it all against the Steelers I think he'll get sacked at least 5 times. Harrison could knock him out as well he's had about $200,000 in fines this season for hard hits.

I hope it's a Steelers Packers Superbowl though because I would like to see Mathews Woodly and Harrison in the same game. Should be sacks galore.

I'm more than confused about the draft this year though, Andrew Love has gone back to school. Even after everyone declared him the number 1 pick including the Panthers (who have the number 1 pick).

There's finally going to be a rookie cap soon that wont allow rookies to be guarenteed silly 50 million salaries before they even play a game in the NFL nevermind turn out to be a great player worthy of 50 mill.

So essentially Love doesn't want to go to Carolina so bad he turned down 50 million dollars. Ouch.

Mighty impressive. Struggle to see where Chicago can get the advantage on Green Bay to be able to win - barring some kind of Devin Hester miracle.

The second game should be cracking, the jets and steelers are really evenly matched with the jets secondary being one of the few that can cope with the speed of the steeler receivers. Shame it's on at stupid o' clock here so I'm gonna have to record it and do a Likely Lads at work tomorrow to avoid the score.

The second game should be cracking, the jets and steelers are really evenly matched with the jets secondary being one of the few that can cope with the speed of the steeler receivers. Shame it's on at stupid o' clock here so I'm gonna have to record it and do a Likely Lads at work tomorrow to avoid the score.

I still think Sanchez is the key to this game. Steelers Offense will do what they do and put up some points even against the Jets. Will be interesting to see what Sanchez can do though especially with Polamalu roaming back there...

Good reference.

It didn't go to plan. I was woken up this morning by my radio coming on just in time for the sports news on Radio 4 and I was too slow to turn it off before they revealed the result. Gutted. Luckily I'd seen the Steelers walking all over the Jets in the first half so I wasn't overly surprised that they'd won in the end. Some fightback by the Jets though, to get within 5 points after being 24-3 down at the half is almost very special.

Packers v Steelers then. I'm still backing the Packers to win it even though none of their players have played in the big game before - experience isn't everything.

Did you see the hit Peppers put on Rodgers when he broke his lip open. It looked clean in real time but a bit head to head in slow mo.

Quarterbacks get too much protection. Still I don't know how many more of those he can really take, 2 concussions already this season.

My heart says Pack, my head says Steelers. Just hope it's a good game.

• 2 weeks later...