aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

5 hours ago, ca_gere said:

Quite honestly, fuck knows.

You've got a few work horses in there who'll get you 15-20 pts a game but very few guaranteed 30+ guys like Gronk, Antonio brown, Adrian Peterson.

Freeman and Hopkins will explode and give you 40 a few times though.

One of the guys in our league picked up Gronk, Rodgers and Newton before he'd even picked an RB. So I did better than him, right? 

16 minutes ago, Adam Easy Wishes said:

But in all seriousness, I know nothing about American football (I have seen one match though. If it's even called a match?).

How can you pick a whole team in fantasy? Or just their defence? Is it just a special thing that you can do in the rules?

2 Running Backs
2 Wide Receivers
1 Wide Receiver/Running Back
1 Tight End
1 Quarter Back
1 Kicker
1 Defensive Team
6 Bench spots (can be anything)

That's your roster. Here's the scoring (for our league)...

09a68-clip-46kb.png

Seems fairly simple. Fantasy hockey is way more chaotic, since there's games pretty much every single day of the season, so you're constantly adjusting your roster throughout the week. in NFL, each team player sone game per week, so you have to be way more sure of your choices.

9 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Who did he get at RB in the end?  

Top WR/TE/QBs are generally harder to find than RBs nowadays, especially with RBs sharing time so much.

Matt Forte and Chris Ivory are his top 2 RBs.

Currently speaking to him to try and trade
Newton OR Rodgers + Larry Fitzgerald
for
Stewart OR Cobb OR Hyde + Luck

Since he realises having the top 2 QBs is going to be a ballache.

18 hours ago, Captain America said:

If you can get Rodgers off him I'd say you robbed him blind.

Fitzgerald should also be not bad as well. Selling it to him as I'm only slightly upgrading my QB while he gets an upgrade at RB/WR. Though think he's offering Newton, not Rodgers. Either are better than Luck though.

Woodhead has those games every now and again. Next game he'll get like 20 yds.

Abdullah threatened to be a star last season. Without Megatron, they'll want to go to him even more. Good pick imo.

Never thought Luck is a bad pick. He's just not a 'bankable' asset. Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Rothelsberger... guaranteed muchos yardos every game.

A bit late (meant to do it earlier) but time for season predictions:

Super Bowl winner: Green Bay Packers. I can just see AR having his HOF defining season. With Payton gone, he's the daddy now. A newly slim Eddia Lacy is gonna be explosive too.

AFC East: Patriots at a canter

AFC West: Broncos. I reckon their D will win them games on their own. They could put me in at QB and still win.

AFC North: Steelers. 

AFC South: Texans. Exciting team right now.

NFC East: Giants. Cruz back is huge. They'll still look ropey but they'll win games they shouldn't like always

NFC West: Cards. Seattle are spent.

NFC North: Packers

NFC South: Bucs. Famous Jameis breakout year.

AFC champs: Patriots

NFC champs: Packers

Dark Horses: Raiders again

DPOY: Jadaveon Clowney - fuck it, i'm throwing it out there... this is the year he proves himself as an utter beast.

Rookie of the Year: Laramy Miller

Rushing leader: Adrian Peterson 

Receiving leader: Antonio Brown

MVP: Aaron Rodgers

Jets will go 11-5 and make the playoffs

17 minutes ago, ca_gere said:

Woodhead has those games every now and again. Next game he'll get like 20 yds.

Abdullah threatened to be a star last season. Without Megatron, they'll want to go to him even more. Good pick imo.

Never thought Luck is a bad pick. He's just not a 'bankable' asset. Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Rothelsberger... guaranteed muchos yardos every game.

Yeah, I'm torn now. But will likely only keep 1 QB and it'll probably be Cam. UGH.

Almost got ~23 points for my kicker as well, Dan Bailey got 2 50+. But Williams caught the ball adn didn't run out of bounds. Clock ran out adn they lost the game while comfortably in FG range. That's a fucking stinger!

A bit late (meant to do it earlier) but time for season predictions:

Super Bowl winner: Patriots, much as I hate to think about it.

AFC East: Patriots

AFC West: Chiefs

AFC North: Steelers. 

AFC South: Colts

NFC East: Giants. 

NFC West: Seahawks

NFC North: Packers

NFC South: Bucs

AFC champs: Patriots

NFC champs: Seahawks

Dark Horses: Ravens, if we keep all our old men healthy

DPOY: Khalil Mack

Rookie of the Year: Ezekiel Elliot

Rushing leader: Adrian Peterson 

Receiving leader: Odell Beckham

MVP: Brady

Ravens 10-6 and make the playoffs

Last night was scary in my fantasy matchup. Rapistburger and Williams connected for 50+ points and gave my opponent the lead. All came down to Carlos Hyde. THank fuck he had a game. Highest scorer on my active roster to give me the win. Woosh.

I had 99.0 on my bench, including the week one MVP, Luck. D'OH!

9 minutes ago, Woodsinho said:

I had Woodhead and Abdullah on my bench as well with Sammy Watkins stinking up my flex position and Doug Martin ambling his way to 9 points as RB2 where they could have been. Thankfully, I got away with it and won my matchup by a gloriously small 0.34 point margin 113.80 to 113.46. YAS MIN.

I had Kamar Aiken in my flex for a woeful 1.40 while Abdullah, Woodhead and J. Matthews were on my bench. Sting.

20 hours ago, ca_gere said:

Rookie of the Year: Laramy Miller

I am what's commonly known as a 'fucking idiot'. Mixing up the names of laramy tunsil and Lamar Miller... Neither of whom are rookies. I think I thought Miller was for some reason.

changing my pick to Eli Apple just because colb picked Elliot already