aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

Yes, but can Farve can go the distance, which seems unlikely given his past few seasons. He faded badly towards the end of his last season with the Packers, faded away last year and I really don't believe he'll be able to keep it up this season.

If I was Minnesota, I'd be looking at putting Favre on to start some of the later games, but take him off after the first drive. It'll keep the streak going, but his body just won't hold up playing full games between now and the the playoffs. For that reason, they'd be wise to get someone else to stand in for most of the latter season games once the hard work is done - and a healthy and fit Farve would be ready for the playoffs.

It's a risky strategy, but it seems sensible.

Emm, Favre plays for the Minnesota Vikings. Not sure why you quoted me on the Giants, but yeah we'll have to wait and see if he can last. A real chance of a ring though will probably help him forget his aches and pains in the later weeks...

• 2 weeks later...

It was a surprisingly tight 59-0 defeat to the patriots.

Did you know that Tom Brady threw only 5 TD passes in the second quarter? Pathetic, he really needs to up his game next Sunday at wembley. We got -7 yards from our passing game.

We're going to finish the season 10-6, we got a 10 game winning streak last year, we can do it again. Right?

Oh wait.

No.

That's right.

We're shite now.

-7?!?! That's immense!

I've just realised I have to support the Pats next week. Fuck supporting Glazer's Stretford Bay Bucs.

Next week isn't even going to be a contest. The Pats are going to cream the hapless bucs.

In other news my 49ers have Houston next week. Houston can't stop the run + Frank Gore is back = good news. Sadly we can't stop the pass and if we don't get pressure on Schaub he's going to pick our secondary apart... next week is going to be a painful watch. :down:

-7?!?! That's immense!

I've just realised I have to support the Pats next week. Fuck supporting Glazer's Stretford Bay Bucs.

The consistency of your hatred towards everything Manyoo related is impressive. If a blind, deaf and dumb orphan sporting Giggs' signature astro-turfs strolled by, you'd kick the fuck out of him, wouldn't you?

• 1 month later...

didn't catch that bit, saw the clips of some game in Doncaster. Someone Blitz v somewhere Jets.

Who knew Vince Young was good at this game? 5-0 since he slotted back into the team for kerry collins including a 90-odd yard touchdown drive starting with 2:37 left in the 4th quarter to beat the Cardinals 20-17. Titans 5-6 now and on a charge, if we can beat Indy next week we'll be well and truly in the play-off hunt. Amazing!

didn't catch that bit, saw the clips of some game in Doncaster. Someone Blitz v somewhere Jets

Yeah, that was the premier division final - London blitz regaining their title over Coventry. we were in the Division 1 final just before that but it wasn't shown till later that night.

There's talk of taking the current flag football team in Aberdeen and building upon it to put together a full-kitted team if anyone up there is interested in trying out the sport. The Oilcats flag team are a great bunch of guys if anyone's interested in trying out the sport.

• 3 weeks later...

A reason to be cheerful, titans won again to go 7-7 and still in with a playoff shot. Would love the bears to do us a favour against the ravens tonight - drag them down to our level.

I tried playing in my university days a few years back. It turns out I'm a complete wuss who doesn't want to get hit. Ever. So that rules out full kit n conact football for me. Flag football seems interesting but I probably don't have the time to commit to it properly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Mcnabb to the Redskins, good move for both. Kolb did well for the eagles when he stepped up in midseason while the skins have had no passing game for years.

I think the jets are putting something tasty together, adding some important offensive weapons to that already dominant defence. Backing them to win the AFC North (for now).

Not been paying any attention to the draft stuff, it's a bit much for me.

Mcnabb to the Redskins, good move for both. Kolb did well for the eagles when he stepped up in midseason while the skins have had no passing game for years.

I think the jets are putting something tasty together, adding some important offensive weapons to that already dominant defence. Backing them to win the AFC North (for now).

Not been paying any attention to the draft stuff, it's a bit much for me.

Yeah, jets are doing good things. A lot of new people though, they need to gel them all together, and they're taking on a few problem children.

I like how the Steelers don't take any shit from their stars. If they act out or don't behave in a manner that's good for the organisation then they're out. Great way to run a franchise I think.

I don't rate Kolb. It's easy to through for 300 yards in your first two games if you throw the ball as often as Andy Reid does. Like 40+ throws a game, I think the eagles could live to regret that trade...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...