aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

I was a Green Bay Packers man when I was in primary school and loved watching and playing it. As i've grown up my interest has wained. However, going to see Green Bay is still on my list of 'things to do before I die'. Their drunken block parties on the way to the stadium sound amazing!

I watch a lot of NFL, I follow it pretty closely. Sadly was at work today, so couldn't watch the game. Might try and get tickets next year as they're hopefully coming back. They are also considering having two! Which would be ace.

NFL is one of my top sports. Sadly my team is shit. The 49ers, we've sucked for years now. We just never seem to do well with our drafting apart from last years main pick.

Got a couple of fantasy teams on the go this season as well, doing really well apart from this weekend.

sky sports is the business for the NFL. three games back to back on the sunday. even more on the red button if you have real sky!

i've played for 4 years now. magnificent sport, well worth getting into.

there's a flag team in aberdeen too, great laugh and you don't get your shit completely ruined playing that either. oilcats they're called, in case anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...
sky sports is the business for the NFL. three games back to back on the sunday. even more on the red button if you have real sky!

i've played for 4 years now. magnificent sport, well worth getting into.

there's a flag team in aberdeen too, great laugh and you don't get your shit completely ruined playing that either. oilcats they're called, in case anyone is interested.

What does getting your shit ruined entail?

he'll be playing for the hurricanes. the standard varies from some really poor division two teams, right up to some excellent premier teams. we're in the prem, dundee are in D1. we're not the best in our division by any stretch of the imagination but we hold our own. Dundee got unlucky with a few cancelled games or they'd have been right up there for D1.

in terms of comparison with the states, it's very hard to say because there's never been any comparison but it's reckoned our best teams are probably about Division3/Division2 college level over there.

That being said, there are a few outstanding players in the UK, a number of whom have been selected to the NFL international players programme and end up on practice squads for NFL teams.

• 1 month later...

I know it was a while back but I got tickets for the NFL game in london. Was a great day minus Joss and Stereophonics. Next year it's New England and Tampa. Already put myself forward for the ticket draw. Can't wait!

If I had more time on my side, I'd love to sign up for some flag football! I had no idea there was an Aberdeen team. When do you guys play?

I've been a Cowboys fan since I started the glory hunting back in the 90's. Not so good now but I'm hanging in there with them.

Been to a few games in the States and you can't beat it for a day of sports. Baseball comes close but the stadium atmosphere for a football game is unparalleled. Personal memory highlight was seeing Dallas beat NY Giants in New York 35-0.

I've found it hard to keep up with the playoffs so far because of work. Have I missed any good games?

I know it was a while back but I got tickets for the NFL game in london. Was a great day minus Joss and Stereophonics. Next year it's New England and Tampa. Already put myself forward for the ticket draw. Can't wait!

If I had more time on my side, I'd love to sign up for some flag football! I had no idea there was an Aberdeen team. When do you guys play?

I've been a Cowboys fan since I started the glory hunting back in the 90's. Not so good now but I'm hanging in there with them.

Been to a few games in the States and you can't beat it for a day of sports. Baseball comes close but the stadium atmosphere for a football game is unparalleled. Personal memory highlight was seeing Dallas beat NY Giants in New York 35-0.

I've found it hard to keep up with the playoffs so far because of work. Have I missed any good games?

Yeah, Baltimore's defence has dominated it's two games so far in the AFC, and in contrast in the NFC Arizona have basically been outscoring it's opponents with it's passing game. Saying that the Arizona defence has been playing decent. Eagles are on a roll coming out of the regular season and look good for the NFC champ game.

All in all no bad games so far these playoffs.

• 3 weeks later...