aberdeen-music

Local Bands

Guest calumunderkills

Guest calumunderkills

What's everyone's favourite current local band?

I'll get the ball rolling with Kashmir Red.

Their live shows are immense! In my opinon, Aberdeen's answer to Kings of Leon.

:up:

Guest calumunderkills
It's very very hard to see past Copy Haho.

They've really upped their game in the last 2 years and are light years better than any other local band i've seen in the last 3 or 4 years.

That's a band I've never seen, but I've heard very good things about them - will definitely be checking them out :up:

Guest calumunderkills
I like a lot of local bands/solo artists, but my favourite is Kathryn Sawers.

Yeah, there are a lot of really good bands on the go at the moment. I just checked out Copy Haho's new tunes - really really like them!!

Guest calumunderkills
i`ve a few but mainly the one`s that have been about a few years now,

Right hand left

the little kicks

free korps (loved Then Came Music)

Amy Sawers

Wilcards (really good live band)

fivefifteen

I've only seen Right Hand Left once and it was an acoustic set - it was very very good though!

The Little Kicks are one of my favourite local bands as well - last year at T in the Park was absolutely brilliant.

We played at a Fat Hippy Drummonds gig with Fivefifteen once, and that's the only time I'd heard them. I was suitably impressed!

I've never heard the other 3 live but they've got good tunes online, and I've heard pretty good things about them all. :up:

im a big fan of Edgar Prais, they're another band i feel who have "upped their game" like Copy Haho in the last couple years, and i would really like to see their upcoming album be successful.

Younger bands in Aberdeen such as Velvet Audio and the Elizabeths are very talented, and i think they will be ones to watch out for when they are a little older.

Guest calumunderkills
oh and i like Rescue Party too

Velvet Audio are a cracking young band. And Rescue Party are good mates of mine. Our singer is their drummer - they've been at it for years and years - I really like their music!

For some reason or another I've never once caught Edgar Prais live - but they do seem to be doing pretty well lately :up:

there seems to be quite a few bands from aberdeen always on the edge of things, ie. xcerts, edgar prais, hopefully someone can be given a proper chance and things can take of properly, a bit like what has happened in dundee would be good.

looked for a while the amazing Driveblind looked set to be huge but things have gone a bit quiet there too.

• Upvote 1

Guest idol_wild
Estrella. Aberdeen's answer to Status Quo?

Heck yes.

I don't believe Copy Haho are going to be a local band for much longer, so I'll exclude them.

I have enjoyed listening to the music of:

Kathryn Sawers

Lorenzo Snow Collective (do they ever gig now?)

Cast of the Capital

Greater the Shadow

Kitchen Cynics

Katerwaul

Lazy Sheepdog

Y Change Costume

Green Pony

Lamplighter

Tom the Noisemonger

Sarah J Tingle

Steven Milne

Ashley Park

Patterns in Pavements

Herzog (though I think he's moved away?)

The Family Simpson

and some others that I have simply failed to mention due to memory lapse.