aberdeen-music

Jehovah's Witnesses

Le Stu

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it's fun to keep the clipboard brandishing proxies of diminishing returns hanging on for ages, skirting around their questions remaining steadfastly non-committal before finally saying no. They get quite jumpy if they don't get your details within the first minute or so :)

But, fun though it is, I have better ways to spend 5 minutes of whatever time I have left.

And +1 for giving to charities as directly as possible than half of it disappearing in some commercial concern's pocket.

On a semi-related note - I got accosted on the bus yesterday by some American lassie who was trying to get people to go to some church or other. There were two of them doing the whole divide and conquer thing.

Thank you to my friends who provided me with a simple get out of jail free card - I was on my way to attend their son's christening, so sorry my dear but I'm already on my way to church. Conversation kinda dried up after that ;)

I used to be polite to those clipboard fuckers, until I started getting asked to stop 4-5 times every time I walked down Union Street. I waste no time now in just telling them to get the fuck out of my way. Fucking scavengers. They're a blight on society.

"Excuse me sir, do you have a...."

"No"

"It'll just take a..."

"No. Go away."

"You can't sp..."

"No. Fucking leave me alone!"

that's usually how it goes, I had one of the red jacket twats chase me down Union Street once going "I bet you've never been homeless have you sir!" after I was particularly rude to him.

I'm pretty sure those Shelter cunts get minimum wage at least.

Quite a few of my students & one or two other folk I know have done this kind of work at times.

It pays a bit better than minimum wage to start with & if they get-in the sales, the bonus rate soon mounts-up on top of that. If they have aptitude, stick with the work & make team leader, they earn a very healthy wage/bonus indeed.

Saying that, most do get sick of being told to fuck-off constantly & only stick it for a few months at best.

Guest calumunderkills
Quite a few of my students & one or two other folk I know have done this kind of work at times.

It pays a bit better than minimum wage to start with & if they get-in the sales, the bonus rate soon mounts-up on top of that. If they have aptitude, stick with the work & make team leader, they earn a very healthy wage/bonus indeed.

Saying that, most do get sick of being told to fuck-off constantly & only stick it for a few months at best.

I could never do this job. It would be like telesales but worse, because people tell you to fuck off to your face. And you have to stand out in the cold. Pish pish pish!

i think they would be better off just sitting on a bit of cardboard on union street with a sign saying, `please help me, i`m a student, give kindly` i mean they probably get more shit than the beggars do, but i honestly prefer the beggars because when you say NO, at least they always say `have a nice day/night` and they dont chase you down the street either!!!

I used to be polite to those clipboard fuckers, until I started getting asked to stop 4-5 times every time I walked down Union Street. I waste no time now in just telling them to get the fuck out of my way. Fucking scavengers. They're a blight on society.

"Excuse me sir, do you have a...."

"No"

"It'll just take a..."

"No. Go away."

"You can't sp..."

"No. Fucking leave me alone!"

that's usually how it goes, I had one of the red jacket twats chase me down Union Street once going "I bet you've never been homeless have you sir!" after I was particularly rude to him.

It's the way they jump out at you with a stupid fucking smile on their face that annoys me. Also when you say "no" and they're like "ohhhh why not?"

FUCK OFF, I don't need to answer to you!

o_O

You know those Snapfax guys get 2 each for every Snapfax they sell. Sell 50 of those on a Saturday afternoon and that's a cheeky 100 in your hipper. I was supposed to do it once but I was too hungover.

Not too sure on that- my mate was doing it a few weeks ago and he said it was 1 per Snapfax, and that was the only wage they paid. That was in Glasgow though, so maybe different there. Either way it would be a shit job- the Snapfax folk keep harrassing me at Uni and one day I'm going to fucking snap at them (ho ho...)

Guest calumunderkills
Not too sure on that- my mate was doing it a few weeks ago and he said it was 1 per Snapfax, and that was the only wage they paid. That was in Glasgow though, so maybe different there. Either way it would be a shit job- the Snapfax folk keep harrassing me at Uni and one day I'm going to fucking snap at them (ho ho...)

Do you need to fecking pay for these things these days?? Used to give them away for free in my day.... ah those were the days... :D

The week before I moved out of my parent's home to go the big smoke of Aberdeen, I answered the door to some Jehovah's Witnesses. I told them I was definitely interested and made out to be quite excited, but unfortunately I couldn't speak to them at that time. Cue myself arranging for them to return in a week for a good chat - they harassed my parents for a good month after that. It really is the little things in life that amuse me.

Guest calumunderkills
The week before I moved out of my parent's home to go the big smoke of Aberdeen, I answered the door to some Jehovah's Witnesses. I told them I was definitely interested and made out to be quite excited, but unfortunately I couldn't speak to them at that time. Cue myself arranging for them to return in a week for a good chat - they harassed my parents for a good month after that. It really is the little things in life that amuse me.

That's pretty evil, has to be said :devil:

Guest calumunderkills
I saw Jehovahs the other weekthey were standing on rosemount trying to speak to people. Probably one of the quietest areas in town and they got so pied that they started reading there own pamphlets to reassure themselves but luckily they still looked depressed

Do they ever convert anyone, ever?

Guest calumunderkills
The fact they exist is probably a good indicator of yes.

Isn't it just generations of families that have passed it down and down and down? I've never met anyone who would be converted or even have the time of day for them!

Isn't it just generations of families that have passed it down and down and down? I've never met anyone who would be converted or even have the time of day for them!

In a lot of cases it is passed through generations, however I myself know 2 converts. And it doesn't ahve to be through knocking on the door tactics, you could stumble upon it by your own means.

I can't help but wonder what would happen if this thread was complaining about another religion, like Islam or Judaism...