aberdeen-music

Chinese Democracy, Dr Pepper

scottyboy

I notice there's nothing here on the new release date of Chinese Democracy, which seems to be genuine this time: Guns N Roses Officially Announce Chinese Democracy: Pre-Orders Start Today : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

More interestingly, Dr Pepper had earlier promised to give a free drink to anyone in the US who wanted one and are going to keep their word: Dr Pepper flowing as new Guns album arrives - Yahoo! News UK 8-)

hahaha good on Pepper for keeping their word. The lead single, also called Chinese Democracy is on their site Guns N' Roses: Home: Guns N' Roses | Chinese Democracy | 11.23.2008 - its terrible of course.

did anybody see that documentry that they used to show on mtv2 and vh2 and maybe some other music channels, i think it was called "behind the music" or something. it was slating axl rose for the album being 10 years in production then, and that was 2004!

i think he's just tried so hard to try and rebuilt what was going on at the time of the original lineup, that "what was going on" has changed several times. but i would like to actually see it released finally

hahaha good on Pepper for keeping their word. The lead single, also called Chinese Democracy is on their site Guns N' Roses: Home: Guns N' Roses | Chinese Democracy | 11.23.2008 - its terrible of course.

The opening rift sounds like The Darkness.

Over ten years and that's what they come up with? Rhyming 'visionaries' with 'missionaries'? It's not terrible but it is a bit heavy on the guitar wanking.

The opening rift sounds like The Darkness.

Over ten years and that's what they come up with? Rhyming 'visionaries' with 'missionaries'? It's not terrible but it is a bit heavy on the guitar wanking.

Yup.

It was going to have to be pretty spectacular to prove all the doubters (everyone) wrong. It is, unfortunately for Axl Rose, absolute keech. It sounds like a band who would name Guns N Roses as their influence and people would say "they sound like Guns N Roses, but they're shite". I hate the deep voice/high voice thing that Axl Rose always does. Absolute, unarguable shite. If anyone says that is not shite, they are simply wrong.

Apparently there are no less than 5 guitarists on the track :up:, with some of the soloing done by Buckethead. Pretty sure the killswitch/whammy part is Buckethead, with the rest done by the other guy. The third guitarist, Bumblefoot (Ron Thal), played 'fretless rhythm guitar'...

Bumblefoot is an immense guitarist, though his solo stuff is way more eccentric than you'd ever hear in GnR (or any other guitar band, probably).

YouTube - Bumblefoot "Real" video

YouTube - Ron Thal and Guthrie Govan jamming the country fretless stuff here is very cool 8-)

YouTube - Bumblefoot "T Jonez" Video no guitar solos in this one :up: