aberdeen-music

Friday evening debauchery...?

Guest calumunderkills

For some reason I found this hilarious.

Is that up where the new houses are these days?

I dunno if there are new houses but their old house is still there. It's right at the top of the hill, one of the last houses before you leave the town to go to Culsh. I remember going out to dinner at Culsh hotel when I was a kid it was amazing, I think it's an old folks home now?

Guest calumunderkills
I dunno if there are new houses but their old house is still there. It's right at the top of the hill, one of the last houses before you leave the town to go to Culsh. I remember going out to dinner at Culsh hotel when I was a kid it was amazing, I think it's an old folks home now?

Yeah, Culsh is now an old folks home. I think I know which house you are talking about - the one on the left just as you leave the village?

There is an absolute stack of new houses between that house and the top of the hill at the corner, if you know what I mean - some went up quite a few years ago, but there's quite a lot gone up in the past 2-3 years! It used to just be an empty space, it's quite weird now!

Yeah, Culsh is now an old folks home. I think I know which house you are talking about - the one on the left just as you leave the village?

There is an absolute stack of new houses between that house and the top of the hill at the corner, if you know what I mean - some went up quite a few years ago, but there's quite a lot gone up in the past 2-3 years! It used to just be an empty space, it's quite weird now!

No, it's on the right, number 44 High Street. I'll have to have a proper look around next time I'm back.

Is Green's Sunday Market still going?

Aye, and many a new house has gone up in the other end of the village, near the old slaughterhouse. Oh, and there's loads of new ones going up in that field between the garage and the pleasure park. What's happening? New Deer, urban metropolis.

But most importantly, who would win in a fight? Old Deer or New Deer?

Hahaha, the massed ranks of pensioners wouldn't stand a chance against the youthful virility of the New Deer massive.

Besides, it's Maud that are the true enemy. I remember many a tasty derby in the days of primary school football...

Guest calumunderkills
The last new house you come to is my cousin Nasty's and the wee auld hoose on the left as you go onto the Hens road is my uncle Shorty's.

Why all my country relatives have weird names I just don't know?

Also what any of this is has to do with anything I don't know either? ?(

Nigel Buchan and Shorty Buchan - shit on a stick. Know Nigel really welly. You must be related to one of my best mates Shane Paterson - Nigel's sister Claire is his mum. Sheesh.

And for the record, New Deer is the hardest village in the North East - always has been always will be. Back in my brother's day (I never really did much in the way of fighting, despite being as hard as Bobo Balde on steroids...) him and his group of say 7-10 mates regularly took on busloads of Peterheeders and won in epic fights at Old Deer "nightclub"...X(