aberdeen-music

The Underkills signed to EMI!!

Guest calumunderkills

Not at all mate!! I'm from out in Newmachar. I can't even think of any family I might have out the Fraserburgh way. Runcie's a pretty unusual name though, so they might be related somewhere along the line. They a bunch of dickheads like??

No, they are guys I went to school with. There's three brothers, when they were younger the 3 of them and their parents were a family Christian folk band. Then in their teens somehow all three of them ended up becoming heroin addicts (the joys of Fraserburgh). Then the three of them all got shipped to a Jesus camp in Wales and got clean. I only knew the youngest one and the middle one, they are really fine guys (or at least they were when I knew them, I haven't seen them in years).

Somebody wrote a book about them actually, it's really churchy but it's a good book.

Ambassador-Emerald - Product: Out of the Deep

David and Helen Runcie had brought their three sons up to fear the Lord and honour His Name. When they sang together as a quintet audiences were moved to tears. In their teenage years, though, the boys who had all, in turn, become fisherman in their home town of Fraserburgh, in the northeast of Scotland, became heroin addicts. It was then that the whole atmosphere in the home changed. Tensions rose, money disappeared, and the tell tale signs of drug addiction began to appear around the house. Matthew was apprehended by the police. David, the son, lost his job, and his home. Jonathan was rescued from a foundering fishing boat. Every day seemed to present the perplexed Christian parents with some new dilemma.

Why was all this happening? Why did God not appear to be answering the family's prayers for the boys? Could He not deliver them from addiction? Yes. He could! And He did, intervening in each life in a different way, but with the same result.

Each one of these young men attended Teen Challenge, a Christian rehab organization, and that is when the story becomes even more miraculous. . . .

This is an inspirational story of deliverance, and of hope.

Guest calumunderkills
the more you post the more I want to repeatedly smash your face with a brick

Fucking hell.

I think you need anger management classes mate.

I'm just having a fucking laugh - lighten up. Dickhead.

Guest calumunderkills
I totally am.

Don't be such a bunch of tossers.

There was a lot of talk of wanking this weekend on another thread, I'm guessing you three will be meeting up to wank each other off at how funny stuartmaxwell is, aye?

I'm sure you're all hard as fuck when you get together...

Guest calumunderkills
Why did you even make this thread?

Are you serious? It was obviously just for a laugh. Which I got right at the top.

You're obviously lacking a sense of humour.

Lighten up, it's Friday :up:

It's the most replies I've ever got to an Underkills thread too 8-)

Guest calumunderkills
Well it's in a forum called "The Underkills" so he pretty much post whatever he likes in it....

And you can pretty much post whatever you like anywhere on here.

A guy just up this thread posts that he'd quite happily smash my face in with a brick, and you give him rep points for it, yet you find a simple joke in my own band's forum so offensive that you post me negative rep points.

Go figure.

Missing Yesterday has the same chord sequence as Dry Your Eyes by the Dykeenies, and I think its in the same key.

That aside, its fairly middle of the road power pop. Cant make out the lyrics, despite the fact its not a bad set of recordings. it's allright, doesnt move me either way.

I don't like the singers voice at all (that being said, I havent met someone who likes mine either:up:)

That being said, you've played with some fucking awesome acts.

And you can pretty much post whatever you like anywhere on here.

A guy just up this thread posts that he'd quite happily smash my face in with a brick, and you give him rep points for it, yet you find a simple joke in my own band's forum so offensive that you post me negative rep points.

Go figure.

I think you might be confusing me with someone else...

Guest calumunderkills
Missing Yesterday has the same chord sequence as Dry Your Eyes by the Dykeenies, and I think its in the same key.

That aside, its fairly middle of the road power pop. Cant make out the lyrics, despite the fact its not a bad set of recordings. it's allright, doesnt move me either way.

I don't like the singers voice at all (that being said, I havent met someone who likes mine either:up:)

That being said, you've played with some fucking awesome acts.

I can 100% confirm that Missing Yesterday was written before any of us had listened to any Dykeenies tracks, so no copying of that song was done whatsoever!

Music's all about opinions, I know some folk who really really like our band, and I've got some good mates who aren't overly impressed.

I personally 100% believe in our songs, and I think the singer has a really good voice! Have a listen to about halfway through the second last Sunday Showcase Podcast Original 106 Aberdeen - The North East's New Radio Station for a new tune done acoustically - I think his voice sounds great there!

We don't write complicated songs because we don't think it's necessary, but others disagree and think it means you are bad musicians!

:up:

ps. do you mean Clean Up Your Eyes by the Dykeenies or is that a different track? I like to have a listen when someone compares our music to somebody else! Cheers

Guest calumunderkills
I think you might be confusing me with someone else...

I didn't mean you gave him rep points! I was agreeing with your post, but meaning the other guy gave him rep points!! :up: