aberdeen-music

Booking Now for Cellar 35

cellar_35

Hey All

We are looking to fill dates up until the end of January for bands/acoustic acts/DJs. We have various nights on the go and offer slots for everyone from upcoming solo acoustic to established touring bands.

If you are interested please check out our myspace at

MySpace.com - Cellar35 - 27 - Male - UK - www.myspace.com/cellar_35

and send us an email. Alternatively you can swing past the Cellar or phone the main bar (Noose & Monkey) on 01224 640 483 for more details.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

or actually bother to phone back someone who phones numerous times to try and book something, only to be told every time that the person who takes bookings will be in later and ask if they can take a message in the meantime.

Guest idol_wild
Does this place actually have the potential to be good?

Not with the in-house booking system they have, in my opinion. It's all run-of-the-mill acoustic nights (yawn) and open mic nights (spew).

They really ought to make it available to outside promoters more frequently. It's a really nice, intimate space with a good bar.

But hey, I don't run the business; they do. I'm sure they're getting plenty punters in. Well, they must be - they don't even have time to respond to customers looking to hire the venue.

I love Cellar 35 and everytime we've played it (well most times....) its been jammed packed. Get about 30-40 folk and its gonna looked packed anyway.

Havent really dealt with the booking side of it but i know these guys are really trying to make it work so give it another go if i was you. It has huge potential to be good for every genre in my opinion and the staff work hard to be make things work.

Speak to emma down there as she really is trying to make things work. But like most things on here my opinion means fuck all haha.

But give it another go....if they dont get back to you just go and see them. they are nice as you get...

Guest idol_wild
I love Cellar 35 and everytime we've played it (well most times....) its been jammed packed. Get about 30-40 folk and its gonna looked packed anyway.

Havent really dealt with the booking side of it but i know these guys are really trying to make it work so give it another go if i was you. It has huge potential to be good for every genre in my opinion and the staff work hard to be make things work.

Speak to emma down there as she really is trying to make things work. But like most things on here my opinion means fuck all haha.

But give it another go....if they dont get back to you just go and see them. they are nice as you get...

Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's on here. I also love Cellar 35, I think it's a cracking wee venue.

But there's no way I am going to chase them up if I want to hire the venue. I feel one phone call and one email is enough. They clearly don't need my business.

Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's on here. I also love Cellar 35, I think it's a cracking wee venue.

But there's no way I am going to chase them up if I want to hire the venue. I feel one phone call and one email is enough. They clearly don't need my business.

you'd think would ya! but im an annoying little (biggish actually) shit and chase folk up all the time!

but as one of the main promoters (my knowledge goes by this forum haha) in the town i would have thought they would have got in touch...bulk bookings etc.

But as i said they have been pretty decent to me and got alot of time for them all at Cellar. and the barmaid got me a drink on Sunday, i'm easily pleased! ;)

Guest Tam o' Shantie

when we booked kool thwaxmas everything seemed OK till we got there early on the night and were told that someone had spilled beer on the PA system and it wasn't working...cue a trip to atmosphere lighting and sound on the 20th of december at 6pm to hire one ourselves. i phoned emma about 5 times to book Hollaween and was ignored...they clearly aren't looking for acts. how is it possible that all of these places are run in the exact same way ie with very little regard for the people who are attempting to fill them with punters? aside from this, the venue's atmosphere etc is fantastic - crap bar prices though