aberdeen-music

Sarah Silverman

Hugh_Jazz

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Silverman heckled at London gig

So Sarah Silverman's UK debut has fallen on it's arse after charging punters up to 50 for 40 minutes of "entertainment".

Did anyone else see this utter waste of space on TV over the weekend? Saw her on Jonathon Ross and 8 out of 10 Cats and she was just terrible....would rather have watched 3 hours of Bobby Davro.

Lucy Porter has a bit of the 'Butter Face' about her.

The last female commedian (ienne?) I laughed at was the girl from Flight Of The Choncordes set at the 'Secret Policeman's Ball'. Didn't know if she was being serious for the first couple of minutes... then it clicked. Genuis.

Maybe im missing something regarding joan rivers but i honestly think shes gash......This is not an ignorant view..Iknow who she is and ive watched countless programs with her in it....I simply do not find her 1 bit funny...Or her wee storys of men she slept with back in 1889........

And i seem to know the silverman burrds face but not as a comedian...Has she been in any films or te like? . . . . . . .

Also since the can of worms is open anyway can i bring up my point regarding female comedians and lesbianism.....Is it just me or are most if not all female commedians gay?.....Coincedence i think not ;)

Also since the can of worms is open anyway can i bring up my point regarding female comedians and lesbianism.....Is it just me or are most if not all female commedians gay?.....Coincedence i think not ;)

Actually I think I heard a similar opinion voiced by Mark Kermode to Kirsty Wark on Newsnight Review last week. Actually my mistake, it was being etched in biro on a Kimberley-Clark toilet roll dispenser in a public toilet next to a Greggs Bakers in Exeter by a mentally disturbed cretin who was swallowing his own tongue as he shat.

• Upvote 1

It is just you, and you are a moron.

Oh, but I guess that winking smiley means that you're joking, highlarious.

i was actually at the recording of 8 out of 10 cats last week but haven't seen the telly version so don't know what was left in or how it was edited. bear in mind that the recording lasted 2 and a half hours. she was infinitely better than that prick kelvin mckenzie, a man who has possibly the most scottish name in the world but spouts the most horrific anti-scot rants at any opportunity.

she was absolutely shitting her pants about the gig on sunday incidentally. quite rightly it would seem. her humour doesn't always click i guess.

i was actually at the recording of 8 out of 10 cats last week but haven't seen the telly version so don't know what was left in or how it was edited. bear in mind that the recording lasted 2 and a half hours. she was infinitely better than that prick kelvin mckenzie, a man who has possibly the most scottish name in the world but spouts the most horrific anti-scot rants at any opportunity.

she was absolutely shitting her pants about the gig on sunday incidentally. quite rightly it would seem. her humour doesn't always click i guess.

Suppose the difference is that Kelvin McKenzie isnt there to be funny....he's there to be the butt of the jokes. 8 out of 10 cats usually has 1 non-comedian on, who is basically just a walking target for the other comedians to take the piss out of.

So saying that Silverman was funnier than McKenzie isnt exactly a glowing endorsement of her comic credentials!