aberdeen-music

The Underkills + Dodgy @ Moshulu

Guest calumunderkills

Guest calumunderkills

Hey guys,

Following on from the success of our first Indie-Cent Exposure clubnight @ Lemon Tree on Friday, The Underkills will be stepping up and supporting Dodgy @ Moshulu on Saturday 29 November!

Tickets are 15 each.

If you'd like tickets for the gig, please send me a personal message!

Cheers,

Calum

:cheers:

with Friendly Fires too. :up:

right - just trying to see how they could ask for 15 for Dodgy - though i dont dislike Dodgy im not aware of anything new they have came out with lately.

But then again what would i know...just seems a bit steep. But im sure there will be a decent crowd as I know the Underkills boys do a good bit of PR.

Guest calumunderkills

The 15 must come out of how much it costs to book the band. Strangely Glasvegas must be cheaper than Dodgy! Dodgy are doing an entire tour with Barfly though, so that might have something to do with it - an exclusive venue type thingy!

They are touring on 90s reputation alone though - they do have something new coming out this year!

It will be a great gig (not just because of The Underkills :up: ), and it will be busy because sentimental 90s kids like me will love a bit of Staying Out for the Summer, Good Enough etc etc.

In current terms, Glasvegas are miles bigger than Dodgy, but on overall career, Dodgy have done far more than Glasvegas........... only it was about 10 years since they've done anything...

Take it you're all wanting tickets? :cheers:

Guest calumunderkills

I have tickets on me at all times for this gig!

15 a go - I'm not offering free hugs like Steven Milne though - I'm not as much of a slut as him... (but for an extra quid you can have 2 hugs)

Send a PM if you're interested.

Cheers,

Calum

:up:

Guest calumunderkills

MySpace.com - DODGY - London, Birmingham and Stonehenge, UK - Healing & EasyListening / Religious / Zouk - www.myspace.com/dodgyuk

They have the old classics on the myspace site - and you can read about what they're up to! They have always been avid supporters of unsigned bands, so go and check them out, add them on myspace etc. and hopefully we'll see you at the gig on 29th November @ Moshulu.

MySpace.com - The Underkills - UK - Rock / Alternative / Indie - www.myspace.com/theunderkills

We have our "classics" up too - check them out on myspace. And we also love unsigned bands...

Tickets still available - send a PM if interested!

Cheers,

Calum

Guest calumunderkills

This will be the last gig we play in Aberdeen for at least 6 months, so it would be great to see you there!! If you haven't seen us before, this is a great chance to come and see what we're all about - there will be some songs that will more than likely never be played live again, because we hope to be back with bigger and better songs! Equally, if you have seen us before, it would be ace if you could make it along one more time before we go into hibernation, as you never know, your favourite Underkills tune may never be heard live again...! Take a look at our site here - MySpace.com - The Underkills - UK - Rock / Alternative / Indie - www.myspace.com/theunderkills - we've got some tunes up there for you to have a listen to.

This should be a great night, so would really love to see as many folk there as possible!!

We're hoping this will top off a great year for the band. This year we've done some amazing things! A few of the highlights have been playing our first gig in Edinburgh at "intimate" venue Henry's Cellar Bar, headlining a charity doo at Moshulu and raising nearly 800 for NSPCC/Childline, starting our own clubnight at Lemon Tree, and the absolute high for us so far was headlining the Banshee Stage at Wizard Festival (thanks to everyone who came out in force to support us that night in New Deer!), and appearing on the same bill as the likes of Supergrass, Roddy Woomble, the Damned, Dykeenies, Cinematics, Chris Helme, and see some of our friends' bands playing as well!! We didn't think we would top last year to be honest, but we did, and hopefully next year will be even better for us!!

Give me a shout if you'd like a ticket - tickets are onsale from Moshulu (go to gig listings to find the gig) at 15 (+ booking fee) each. If you buy direct from me, you save yourself a whopping 1.65 booking fee/delivery fee!!

Anyway, hope to see all of our friends and fans there!!

Cheers,

Calum :up:

Guest calumunderkills

Tickets still available to see The Underhills supporting Dodgy at Moshulu on Saturday night.....

Either from me (PM) or online at Moshulu or from One Up Records...

15 each. Steven Milne tells me there will be free pints all night*

*Ok. I made that bit up.......

Guest calumunderkills

Come on dudes.........

Go on, buy a ticket and come down for a singalong/dancealong to the Dodgy classics!!

And if you dance to The Underkills classics, I'll be sure to buy you a pint! :woohoo:

Guest calumunderkills

Fao: Mods!

Any chance of deleting the above post Mods?? Just to get my mobile number off zi internet...?

The post has served its purpose now....

Thanks to anyone who came down on Saturday night - t'was a cracking night!

That's the last you'll be hearing of The Underkills for a while........

Thank you and goodnight

MySpace.com - The Underkills - UK - Rock / Alternative / Indie - www.myspace.com/theunderkills