aberdeen-music

FS: Squier Tele w/ Seymour Duncan HotRail

Soda Jerk

Squier Affinity Telecaster in Darkish Red with white scratchplate and a very nice maple neck. Has recently been set up and has a Seymour Duncan HotRail in the bridge position (neck PU is still stock). Sounds infinitely better with the hotrail than it did with the stock bridge PU and the action/intonation is as good as any guitar I've played.

A couple of dinks and knocks on the body but is completely playable. Hasn't been gigged but has been jammed with at a Muscial Vision a couple of times.

The Hotrail alone is worth around 60

I'm based in Tillydrone and can meet in the City Centre, or you can come here and give it a whirl.

I also have a Dunlop Crybaby Wah I want rid of. The battery lid on the underside doesn't snap back into place properly, so I just have it held closed with some duct tape. Works fine though. I just never ever use it.

I don't at the moment. I could get the missis to take a few tonight and I could have them up tomorrow morning quite easily though.

Yes. This is what I shall do. I will drop you a PM the moment they are up. Or PM the pictures to you. Whichever you like!

Don't really want to get rid as this guitar plays very surprisingly well, but it just doesn't suit what I'm playing right now.

I don't at the moment. I could get the missis to take a few tonight and I could have them up tomorrow morning quite easily though.

Yes. This is what I shall do. I will drop you a PM the moment they are up. Or PM the pictures to you. Whichever you like!

Don't really want to get rid as this guitar plays very surprisingly well, but it just doesn't suit what I'm playing right now.

I see you've fitted a humbucker, do you get a good 'full' sound through a distortion / OD pedal or does it sound thin and wanky like a Stratocaster?

The OD on the bridge HotRail is superb, but like nearly all high-output humbuckers, the clean is a little bit weak. Sounds very nice when using the neck and bridge together though, but that requires some fancy footwork with pedal switching simultaneously with pickup switching. Taxing!

The HotRail itself is capable of some very crushing tones though. Quite alot of low end, but without being muddy or far too abrasive like the SD Invader. It's much smoother, despite being high-output. Like an EMG.

I'll put pictures up for you tomorrow. You could always have a go on it too, although, I only have a practice amp at my place right now...

The OD on the bridge HotRail is superb, but like nearly all high-output humbuckers, the clean is a little bit weak. Sounds very nice when using the neck and bridge together though, but that requires some fancy footwork with pedal switching simultaneously with pickup switching. Taxing!

The HotRail itself is capable of some very crushing tones though. Quite alot of low end, but without being muddy or far too abrasive like the SD Invader. It's much smoother, despite being high-output. Like an EMG.

I'll put pictures up for you tomorrow. You could always have a go on it too, although, I only have a practice amp at my place right now...

OK cool. I'll PM you to arrange to come round and have a bash.

He is right!

I kept meaning to update it, but I think your "get tae fuck" does it better.

Wah still for sale.

I don't even know why I even own a wah. I hate wah. No exceptions.

I also just realised my above post says "Cinty Centre" and it's too late to edit. I hate typos. They make me look bad.