aberdeen-music

best place for steak tonight?

fatboy

I'm assuming that it must be Argentinean.

don't tell my sisters beef farming partner that...

amazing what a bit of "foreign mystery" can do to the price of something...

if anything, the best local aberdeen angus is the best (and probably themost expensive) beef you can get? (bar that japanese stuff (Kobe) that can be 100's per pound) Kobe Beef - Japanese Beef - Kobe beef information

1 (16 oz.) New York Steak - Kobe Beef from Japan, kobe beef, buy kobe beef, kobe steaks

(yes...that's $149.99 for one 16 Oz steak).

Argentinian Steak....which apartently comes from Angus cows...how does that work....who cares it's by far the finest I have tried yet!

angus is a breed - not a place (well...it "is" a place...but not when you talk about "angus" cows).

apparently....(and this comes from a beef farmer, who knows about these things)...

is that Argentinean beef is cheaper than Scottish Beef - because of the "mass production", but also the lack of stringent accountability we have here.

It's also rife with TB - which isn't contagious - but would instantly be culled if in the UK.

(but...this is from a Scottish farmers perspective...so I'd need to find out "the facts" before making a descision)...but saying that, I do trust and believe what my sisters partner says.

and ayway...we should be supporting british (scottish) farmers - they have a hard time as it is.

angus is a breed - not a place (well...it "is" a place...but not when you talk about "angus" cows).

apparently....(and this comes from a beef farmer, who knows about these things)...

is that Argentinean beef is cheaper than Scottish Beef - because of the "mass production", but also the lack of stringent accountability we have here.

It's also rife with TB - which isn't contagious - but would instantly be culled if in the UK.

(but...this is from a Scottish farmers perspective...so I'd need to find out "the facts" before making a descision)...but saying that, I do trust and believe what my sisters partner says.

and ayway...we should be supporting british (scottish) farmers - they have a hard time as it is.

good to know, however it is being sold here, so must be ok? tbh if it were one type of cow or the other prob wouldn't notice a huge difference, but this did stand out above the rest

Laidlaws do a Firey Argintenian Beef Stiry Fry and it's delicous!!

good to know, however it is being sold here, so must be ok? tbh if it were one type of cow or the other prob wouldn't notice a huge difference, but this did stand out above the rest

Laidlaws do a Firey Argintenian Beef Stiry Fry and it's delicous!!

I think it's imported with the argentinian standards...hence " a tb infected cow is OK to eat"...where as in britain, it isn't. (which I don't get - as it's not infectious, but I guess there could be some mutation, or outbreak from offal / scraps goetting out there...)

this is why most farmers kill badgers when they find them. I once went to the west coast, and past loch ness, there were dead badgers every mile on the back roads...and they were not killed by cars, I suspect...just made to look like it.

The only reason I mentioned it is because it has a 'reputation' for being the best. I tried some when I was in Holland nd it was absolutely incredible. It would also explain the inflated price to a degree. Charging 35 for a steak you can buy out Laidlaws for a fiver is taking the piss.

and the other end of the spectrum is when people buy a 2 steak, thinking it's going to be suculent, soft & tasty...

cheap meat from the supermarkets....I don't want to get all pious again...but.....[rant]....

I think it's imported with the argentinian standards...hence " a tb infected cow is OK to eat"...where as in britain, it isn't. (which I don't get - as it's not infectious, but I guess there could be some mutation, or outbreak from offal / scraps goetting out there...)

this is why most farmers kill badgers when they find them. I once went to the west coast, and past loch ness, there were dead badgers every mile on the back roads...and they were not killed by cars, I suspect...just made to look like it.

Aye Highland Badger's have been known to attack entire herds of cattle... they go straight for the cow's throat, similar to the Rabbit in Monty Python and the holy grail. Here's an archive photo of a badger stalking its prey...

badger_cull.jpg

This is all that was left after the badger had feasted for several hours:

deadcowmin.jpg

• Upvote 2