aberdeen-music

Cod 5

Hog

Guest treader.

yeah, that's him!

oi diesel, whats the scope of that laptop?

and i'm glad COD is returning to WWII style. Although COD4 is undoubtedly the best game LiEk EvA!! it's just not the good old call of duty games we all know and love.

yeah, that's him!

oi diesel, whats the scope of that laptop?

and i'm glad COD is returning to WWII style. Although COD4 is undoubtedly the best game LiEk EvA!! it's just not the good old call of duty games we all know and love.

Laptop scope.....is......SOLD :up:

Call of Duty - d'oh!

Being that it was Hog who started the thread, I assumed Cod 5 was some sort of Devin Townsend, screamy-shouty-thrashy-clangy type of act.

We kinda started talking about this in the halo:recon thread maybe a mod could move the CoD related posts here?

I think it may be good, but I doubt I'll probably not get it straight away as I'll be playing gears 2 online because I loved the first one.

Also I wish I could try CoD5 now, with my beta key if microsoft would send me back my fucking xbox!

what happened?!

the dreaded red button syndrome!?

Yeah kinda, that happened a couple of times but the disc drive is also shagged made "grinding" sort of noises as well when having to do some major loading.

But yeah, it red ringed like 3/4 times but then it would always work next time I turned it on. So I just hope they don't test it too extensively at the repair centre or they may try and charge me. Which would be rediculous! :swearing:

was playing the beta version over the last few days. Rather good. Few nice new touches like unleashing a pack of dogs with a 7 kill streak (the growling and barking as the enemy hounds start closing in is unnerving) ratio based points for assists and blitskrieg where you take enemy flags up to 3 times faster, with chanting. Flicking a lighter to fire up a Molitov is fun. Vehicles toooooooooooooooooooooooo. Very atmospheric!

Wetted my appetite nice and I reckon the Coop is going to be fab. :up:

Down side is I have to buy two copies for me and Jnro_O

After playing the beta up to the max level (11) I went back to COD4 to compare. COD4 is so much smoother and plays a good bit faster. There is also some unacceptable lag issues with world at war, which are very aparent once you view the killcam.

Did you play the CoD4 beta before it came out? I seem to remember it having lag issues as well, that may be fixed by release.

Did you play the CoD4 beta before it came out? I seem to remember it having lag issues as well, that may be fixed by release.

Yeah I did, and the issues are far more pronounced in this one. To be fair they could easily patch it after release, but I recall major problems with COD3 online (by the same developer) so I'm not holding my breath.

Well last night I went on for a shot of this again and they have raised the level cap to 24 now. It also seemed less laggy last night and I found myself really enjoying it. A quick shot turned into a good couple of hours with some brilliant tense matches.

The pace is definaitly slower but it makes for a more tactical game. The tanks are also brilliant fun, both when your in them and when there is a bunch of you trying to blow one up!

For the moment I'm revising my opinion on this to a might buy.

Well last night I went on for a shot of this again and they have raised the level cap to 24 now. It also seemed less laggy last night and I found myself really enjoying it. A quick shot turned into a good couple of hours with some brilliant tense matches.

The pace is definaitly slower but it makes for a more tactical game. The tanks are also brilliant fun, both when your in them and when there is a bunch of you trying to blow one up!

For the moment I'm revising my opinion on this to a might buy.

Di you encounter the cheating sonsabeeeaatches in the Roundhouse map that are exploiting a glitch where they are underground and pick anyone off coming near their flag, by shooting through the invisible ground I will add? Seriously, what is the point... Probably fat, bearded and American

Oh and I really enjoyed the pace. Didn't find myself getting shot quite as often as I do in COD4. Got eaten by dogs plenty though!

Frankly I'm loving CoD5 beta. The levels are decent from what i've seen, i'm yet to be killed by a "random grenade".

Vehicles seem good, I had a go in a tank for a while and got a 10 kill streak before some cock threw a sticky grenade on the underside of my tank.

The dogs are better than a helicopter in my opinion because you can actually defend yourself you don't just get raped randomly. The artilery works just like an airstrike did but lasts a bit longer which is great and it's still got all the good stuff like challenges, search and destroy and all that.

As long as they have plenty of good levels in the final edition I may pick this up. It's just like CoD4 but they've fixed a couple of things that annoyed me. Good beta, imho.

• 3 weeks later...

I've ended up buying COD5, as a reward for getting a ridiculous amount of work out of the way this week/weekend, so that the next 3 weeks are easypeasy.

Pre-Ordered it from GAME, using a 3 off voucher (NW10GME09) and 9% Quidco = about 33.67. Not a bad deal... but would've got an extra 2 off if I had a GAME reward card; alas I don't shop there enough to warrant one.