aberdeen-music

The Music Club,closed ?

kybosh

Maybe they're finally plumbing in the urinals and screwing the taps down? I hope it's something simple like that.

That was one of the 1st things I thought of , the urinals have not worked since it opened , maybe they had a visit from the council and have been closed 'till they get things sorted out , lets hope it's not all over for them ?

They are looking for investors, apparently. Until someone invests, they can't function properly.

And these guys have put a lot of their own money into the project, I wish I could help...

I hope they do find a decent partner, because from what I understand, they've done a hell of a lot off their own backs.

Update...

Hi all,

Sorry we've not posted a reply until now - been away for a few days.

We are closed through the day until further notice but open for the evenings when there

are gigs listed. (This will be updated today on our my space page - MySpace.com - THE MUSIC CLUB - LANGSTANE PLACE, ABERDEEN, UK - Acoustic / Jazz / Roots Music - www.myspace.com/themusicclubaberdeen)

We are working hard to resolve various issues and looking at new plans for the undeveloped parts of the building and how we want to operate the venue long term.

Thanks for the positive comments in the meantime.

Will post again soon with updates.

Joe I'm on 01224 676000 - already spoke to another of the band members to pick up your gear, no panic!

Guest idol_wild
And these guys have put a lot of their own money into the project, I wish I could help...

I hope they do find a decent partner, because from what I understand, they've done a hell of a lot off their own backs.

I agree. It's a smashing wee place.

Hi all,

Sorry we've not posted a reply until now - been away for a few days.

We are closed through the day until further notice but open for the evenings when there

are gigs listed. (This will be updated today on our my space page - MySpace.com - THE MUSIC CLUB - LANGSTANE PLACE, ABERDEEN, UK - Acoustic / Jazz / Roots Music - www.myspace.com/themusicclubaberdeen)

We are working hard to resolve various issues and looking at new plans for the undeveloped parts of the building and how we want to operate the venue long term.

Thanks for the positive comments in the meantime.

Will post again soon with updates.

Joe I'm on 01224 676000 - already spoke to another of the band members to pick up your gear, no panic!

Hope you get things sorted out :up:

Will you be opening on tuesday nights for the open mic sessions ?

Guest calumunderkills

I heard today that the Music Club has totally closed for business, and I was talking to a guy who had to move his gig to Tunnel 2.

I hope it ain't true, cos this place has the potential to be a great wee cafe/venue/chilled out place for all genres of music (well the nice, calm relaxed type...)

:up:

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm...that is a shame. A new place trying to enter the music scene of Aberdeen down the pan. The council should be funding places like this, not The Lemon Tree.

Too fucking right.

(you cannot give reputation etc..)