aberdeen-music

Myles Kennedy to replace Plant in Led Zeppelin???

french_disko

Er, who the fuck is Myles Kennedy anyway?

Led Zeppelin to regroup with singer Myles Kennedy? | Music | guardian.co.uk

They should replace him with Miles Hunt - starting the set with Immigrant Song and going straight into The Size of A Cow would be one of those jaw dropping moments to tell the Grandchildren about.

I may have to bludgeon Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones to death to prevent this from happening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah finally allowed to post a reply. Found this site while browsing Myles Kennedy on google. Myles Kennedy is an awesome singer, probably one of the best that iv ever heard in my life, on albums and live. I can think of anyone better, other than Plant himself, that could do a good job of Led Zep songs.

Kennedy is the former singer of The Mayfield Four, and current frontman for Alter Bridge, who formed after the departure of Scott Stapp from Creed, and they are way better then creed. He also declined an invitation from Slash to become the frontman of Velvet Revolver. Kennedy has a vocal range of 4 octaves. I personally think he will be known as the best rock singer of our era if he tours with Led Zep. Ill put up a few links to some of his stuff.

YouTube - The Mayfield Four - Summergirl

This is Summergirl with him with The Mayfield Four, the end is awesome vocals.

YouTube - Alter Bridge - Blackbird

This is Blackbird with Alter Bridge, pretty epic song.

YouTube - Broken Wings - Alter Bridge (Live in Glasgow)

A song by Alter Bridge called Broken Wings, this is live in Glasgow

YouTube - Alter Bridge- White Knuckles

White Knuckles, a heavier song

YouTube - Alter Bridge - Kashmir (cover)

And finally, here is Alter Bridge doing a cover of Kashmir :)

Hope you enjoy. Any questions, feel free to ask away

Ah finally allowed to post a reply. Found this site while browsing Myles Kennedy on google. Myles Kennedy is an awesome singer, probably one of the best that iv ever heard in my life, on albums and live. I can think of anyone better, other than Plant himself, that could do a good job of Led Zep songs.

Kennedy is the former singer of The Mayfield Four, and current frontman for Alter Bridge, who formed after the departure of Scott Stapp from Creed, and they are way better then creed. He also declined an invitation from Slash to become the frontman of Velvet Revolver. Kennedy has a vocal range of 4 octaves. I personally think he will be known as the best rock singer of our era if he tours with Led Zep. Ill put up a few links to some of his stuff.

YouTube - The Mayfield Four - Summergirl

This is Summergirl with him with The Mayfield Four, the end is awesome vocals.

YouTube - Alter Bridge - Blackbird

This is Blackbird with Alter Bridge, pretty epic song.

YouTube - Broken Wings - Alter Bridge (Live in Glasgow)

A song by Alter Bridge called Broken Wings, this is live in Glasgow

YouTube - Alter Bridge- White Knuckles

White Knuckles, a heavier song

And finally, here is Alter Bridge doing a cover of Kashmir :)

Hope you enjoy. Any questions, feel free to ask away

Are you Miles Kennedy? If so, you sing like a dickhead. :down:

• Upvote 1

alter bridge are just as bad as creed, who i fucking detest !!

to replace robert plant as zep's frontman is like replacing jim morrison from the doors (yes im aware thats impossible considering he's dead) or bob marley from the whalers!

its just not right, im a HUGE zep fan and this is sacriledge at its worst !

alter bridge are just as bad as creed, who i fucking detest !!

to replace robert plant as zep's frontman is like replacing jim morrison from the doors (yes im aware thats impossible considering he's dead) or bob marley from the whalers!

its just not right, im a HUGE zep fan and this is sacriledge at its worst !

I dont see whats wrong with it. The band want to tour, and its Plants decision not to tour with them. I think this will be a great tour if it goes ahead. Ill give a big good luck to Myles, he's got big boots to fill, n i think he can do it.

Remember the vids i posted weren't saying to listen to what you think of Alter Bridge, was to listen to Myles' vocals on the tracks. He is shit hot, and uber versatile.

Are you his manager or his mum?

Ive never been the biggest Zeppelin fan, but I understand that for some people they were an important band. John Bonham is one of the great drummers, and Plant was a very charismatic frontman. Now, sadly, Bonham is gone... and Plant has been replaced by "the bloke from the band who iused to be Creed". Thats just embarassing.

myles kennedy is an amazing vocalist like and Alter Bridge are well worth getting into

I saw him live at Download Festival this year, i also was lucky enough to meet him after they played as i was away to watch Biffy Clyro on the side of the stage and met him whilst they left.

They covered Led Zep at Download a few years ago

Wish I was his manager, cos he'll be minted soon enough.

for a music forum you know nothing bout singing

I don't know much about singing, but I know what I like. :gringo: Besides, I can say with almost certainty that my opinion towards anyone who claimed to actually liked listening to Myles Kennedy would be that they were a twat. Or his mum.