aberdeen-music

nh

Edgar Graham

Got done over by a total luckbox twice this afternoon X( , sod takes 2/3rds of my stack fairly early after calling down three streets with A4 on a dry ace-high board (muggins here had AK, was miles ahead until 4 on the river, ugh), recovered from that and eventually threw my last few thousand in with bullets, the luckbox calls with JJ and hits on the turn.....:swearing::swearing:

Nae luck. Sounds like standard Thursday night events for me!

What's bent about Stars? Never seen any credible claims of problems over there

Heard plenty of evidence to the contrary, though I suppose being a massive unbeliever in online poker it's like preaching to the converted! I only touch PS to try and satellite into UKIPT events and got really close to a seat at Newcastle, but got busted out by a very suspicious turn of events. Ho hum.

40 quid satellite for the Goliath in Coventry next Monday is tickling my fancy, would expect at least 6 packages for 300 to be available in Aibrrdeen, or might try and win through a thinner field in Dundee for fewer seats. Decisions.....

I'm not a big fan of PokerStars. It's doesn't seem as clean and clinical as Full Tilt and the gameplay seems to be slower. Not got much alternative though.

True, sadly. PS is the king of kings right now.

New season of Stoney Donkey League tonight for a bit of light relief though....

"In light of today's news that Alderney Gambling Control Commission has suspended Full Tilt Poker's license, PokerStars wishes to assure our customers that their funds are completely safe and that our operations are completely unaffected. The Isle of Man Gaming Commission today re-affirmed that PokerStars' worldwide licensing is intact and that our operations are in full compliance with all of its requirements. PokerStars' online operations continue as normal and all funds in players' accounts are safe and available for withdrawal as usual with no delays.

PokerStars also remains in full compliance with our licenses in other jurisdictions where we are regulated, including France, Italy and Estonia.

As provided under our licensing, PokerStars has always maintained the integrity and security of our players' funds, by keeping all such funds in segregated bank accounts, always available for immediate withdrawal.

Since the actions of US Department of Justice in April, we have returned more than $120 million to US players and continue to act upon requests as they are received. Players outside the US have not been affected and all cash-outs have been processed without delays. Further, PokerStars entered into an agreement with the Department of Justice which expressly confirmed the company's ability to operate outside the US.

We will continue to operate as a responsible corporate citizen and are committed to serving the needs of our customers in complete compliance with our regulatory requirements."

• 5 weeks later...

I have signed to Drag the Bar as their new Sit n Go coach; for the next while I will be making videos for them. Also, my article on 6-max bubble play will be the lead piece in next month's Poker Player Magazine's Strategy section. Caught some rungood!

Poker strategy Poker Training, Free poker Videos, Forums and Coaching | Dragthebar.com

Poker Player | Poker Player Magazine, Poker news, Holdem strategy

Bit of late notice.....but a big 100 tourney is away to kick off at the G at 3pm (think you can buy in up to 4pm) about 62 folk already registered, and there is one re-entry allowed so pot is gonna be massive (4k for winner maybe) Wan Tymeeeeee!!!!

Was going to give this a pop but ending up catching Laurencekirk AIDS (alcohol induced deep sleep) instead. Any good?

No more donk-league for the while now the darts season is about to get going, not going to miss getting constantly shafted with AK against five deuce and suchlike......

I have signed to Drag the Bar as their new Sit n Go coach; for the next while I will be making videos for them. Also, my article on 6-max bubble play will be the lead piece in next month's Poker Player Magazine's Strategy section. Caught some rungood!

Poker strategy Poker Training, Free poker Videos, Forums and Coaching | Dragthebar.com

Poker Player | Poker Player Magazine, Poker news, Holdem strategy

Do people still play SNG's?!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got some free 2-week trials for Drag The Bar if anybody wants one. You can see coaching videos from Leatherass, Jeremy Menard, BeachJustice, GiantBuddha, Jared Tendler and many more top names in the online poker world. Plus me. O, and there are some coaching videos for you live poker players too.

PM me if you want one.

• 2 months later...
£100 tournament on at G again this Sunday, they are expecting 100 runners (thats the cap anyway).... 15,000 chips, 30 minute levels...shoudl be decent amount of play and prizepool. Anyone else playing?

Depends on how my football coupons come in! Tried to satellite my way in last Sunday, and was looking alright until some utter knobber called my button shove with eight-six off (I had fives) for 1400 less than my stack. Found two sixes on the board (natch) then remarked 'I've still no idea how I won that' a few minutes later. Cock.

• 1 month later...