aberdeen-music

Gypsy jazz

exwino

Hi .

Looking for persons interested in gypsy guitar stuff to learn from and have a practice .

I have been learning the style for around two years and am looking to broaden my playing horizon ...

Anywhere in the Aberdeen area or surrounding countryside would be good for me .

Thanks

DH.

The good news is, you're not the only one.. every self respecting guitarist must at least appreciate a Django Rheinhard, and he is in my top 3 all time guitar favourites.

However you will find that active playing interest in a style tends to be inversely proportional to how hard it is to play. Hence the abundance of punk/rock bands. Let's face it, solos without distortion so that you can actually hear the fingering details, 13th, ma6/9, diminished chords, scales other than pentatonic....

• 3 months later...

Gypsy Guitar

Hi .

Looking for persons interested in gypsy guitar stuff to learn from and have a practice .

I have been learning the style for around two years and am looking to broaden my playing horizon ...

Anywhere in the Aberdeen area or surrounding countryside would be good for me .

Thanks

DH.

I'm into Gypsy. you might not learn anything but I've got lot's of resources. We can certainly give it a whirl. I've been learning on my own for a couple of years too.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this thread is still alive but I love both gypsy music and jazz, not just guitar but ideally as many instruments added as possible. I'm a singer/songwriter myself and play guitar as well (rythm, not lead), and would be up for jamming if anyone is interested. Cheers! Nina

• 2 weeks later...

Gypsy jazz stuff

Hi Nina.

As soundman bob said ,i am right into this gypsy music..very very difficult though it is ..

I have had contact with soundman bob and am looking forward to getting some real playing in the future with another guitarist and not a cd,.

I would love to get together and jam with you also ? Drop me a private message and let me know where you are based ..Have you been playing long?.

Good to hear from you .:up:

DAVID

• 2 months later...