aberdeen-music

How do you tape from Freeview?

kirkt

Yep...I often record from BBC 4...just take the scart lead from the freeview box into the scart input of the video recorder (assuming you want to record on an oldstyle video, like I do?).

My video recorder allows the Freeview signal to override the other channels, but if yours doesn't you should be able to 'tune' one of the vid. recorder channels to it.

What you can't do is watch one Freeview channel and record another at the same time (on an old video, anyway).

Yep...I often record from BBC 4...just take the scart lead from the freeview box into the scart input of the video recorder (assuming you want to record on an oldstyle video, like I do?).

My video recorder allows the Freeview signal to override the other channels, but if yours doesn't you should be able to 'tune' one of the vid. recorder channels to it.

What you can't do is watch one Freeview channel and record another at the same time (on an old video, anyway).

Think I've got it. Cheers sir!

I knew that was the case, but wondered if some of these hard-drive recorders maybe had multiple tuners in them...I know nothing about them at all.

Essentially yes, although I suspect it's nothing more than tweaking the software to give it 2 simultaneous channels and linking a secondary output to a HD.