aberdeen-music

Comedians

When did the Comedy Club get so big? I've been in and out for the past few years and it's only recently been packed out most weeks! Is it because of the fringe acts that have been warming up lately?

We closed the door on the previous comedy club at Snafu, at the tail end of last year. Five or so months ago, we decided to re-launch the comedy club, getting some great guys onboard to do the bookings and comparing (Andrew Learmonth, Jason Murphy and Gus Tawse) - we've been working really hard over the past five months to really create a comedy club which is worth going to every week - we think we're finally getting somewhere - and we most definitely couldn't have done it without the comedy three!!

The fringe preview shows last month were a complete success, which will hopefully contributed to the night as a whole - atmosphere, laughs, comedians etc etc...

We also do pre-show discount on food in Five on a Tuesday night, just quote comedy when asking for your bill. You may even get a sneaky free entry ticket to the comedy show if you ask nicely :)

We closed the door on the previous comedy club at Snafu, at the tail end of last year. Five or so months ago, we decided to re-launch the comedy club, getting some great guys onboard to do the bookings and comparing (Andrew Learmonth, Jason Murphy and Gus Tawse) - we've been working really hard over the past five months to really create a comedy club which is worth going to every week - we think we're finally getting somewhere - and we most definitely couldn't have done it without the comedy three!!

The fringe preview shows last month were a complete success, which will hopefully contributed to the night as a whole - atmosphere, laughs, comedians etc etc...

We also do pre-show discount on food in Five on a Tuesday night, just quote comedy when asking for your bill. You may even get a sneaky free entry ticket to the comedy show if you ask nicely :)

Good stuff, when i was there (and doing the comedy) we were lucky to get 30-40 people in. Now it's being packed out every week, touch! Didn't know about the food deal though, may have to combine them more often!

I totally agree on Louis CK, that was a nice discovery, thanks to whoevers post it was I foud him through.

I can now share my favourite Dutch comedian with yous, seeing as he's doing shows in the UK now and someone's put the complete tv recording online.

He's really absurd/funy/extreme:

Let me know what yous think?

I would like to echo your sentiments regarding Louis CK

and say WTF regarding Hans Teeuwen? I watched 3 clips just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Is that funny to anyone who isn't Dutch? (I presume you're Dutch!). Comedy has more to do with culture and language than I thought. I think.

I would like to echo your sentiments regarding Louis CK

and say WTF regarding Hans Teeuwen? I watched 3 clips just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Is that funny to anyone who isn't Dutch? (I presume you're Dutch!). Comedy has more to do with culture and language than I thought. I think.

Yeah, that's why I showed some of his stuff to some friends here in the UK (they liked it a lot) I was curious if it would 'translate' as to language but also culture. I think he's still really funny though :-)

The Dr. Hemmington one cracked me up again just now.

Lucky Louie: Brilliant!!