aberdeen-music

Aberdeen student radio is back on air.

stepmaster5000

ABERDEEN STUDENT RADIO IS BACK ON AIR.

listen at ASR | Home

the kitchen sink is on from 2-4pm

followed by

patchwork radio from 4-5pm

and tonight my show Death From Exposure will be on from 5-7pm and I will be playing a mixture of scottish indie and folk and bands that have to played aberdeen recently or will be playing in aberdeen soon including local some local bands.

all comments, suggestions and requests are welcome.

Hey Stepmaster 5000

Whole Sky Monitor will be playing in Aberdeen on 01.11.08 (The Moorings). Check out our Myspace page MySpace.com - Whole Sky Monitor - Leeds - Indie / Alternative / Rock - www.myspace.com/wholeskymonitor and maybe give us a bit of airplay prior to gig. If you want a copy of Album sending leave us a message on here or on our myspace....

hey Panda strong I'm sorry no one got back to your e-mails, I can only suggest you try again at headdj@aberdeenstudentradio.org, or call the station at 01224 274343.

over the summer holidays the managment changed around abit as some people graduated and others left, and also I think the e-mail address has been changed as have all the student e-mail address at aberdeen uni. sorry again.

• 4 weeks later...

So congratulations ASR on being the biggest disappointment in my 2 years and 1 month of university life! As i think i said previously in the thread i never received a reply for my initial emails, or my most recent. But hey, things slip through the net, right? Fair enough!

Ross and myself went along to the radio meeting thingymabob at Kings over two weeks ago in which everything was to be made clear, apparently. Right, I don't want to offend anyone from the radio staff, but JEEZ, what a botch job! It seemed like no preparation had gone into the the layout for the meeting, and after separating into different groups the shambles continued! In a group that was meant to be about 'being a dj', we had some guy that basically told us about how he'd caught freshers flu and how he'd hurt his knee at a beach party earlier in the week! Ross and i had come with all these ideas written out for shows, what we'd like to cover etc, which by this time just seemed all a bit silly....Hmmm. We were told to give our email addresses so to be contacted about possible training THAT weekend....two and a half weeks later and still nothing. I guess there's some sort of consistency there...

?( :down:

So congratulations ASR on being the biggest disappointment in my 2 years and 1 month of university life! As i think i said previously in the thread i never received a reply for my initial emails, or my most recent. But hey, things slip through the net, right? Fair enough!

Ross and myself went along to the radio meeting thingymabob at Kings over two weeks ago in which everything was to be made clear, apparently. Right, I don't want to offend anyone from the radio staff, but JEEZ, what a botch job! It seemed like no preparation had gone into the the layout for the meeting, and after separating into different groups the shambles continued! In a group that was meant to be about 'being a dj', we had some guy that basically told us about how he'd caught freshers flu and how he'd hurt his knee at a beach party earlier in the week! Ross and i had come with all these ideas written out for shows, what we'd like to cover etc, which by this time just seemed all a bit silly....Hmmm. We were told to give our email addresses so to be contacted about possible training THAT weekend....two and a half weeks later and still nothing. I guess there's some sort of consistency there...

?( :down:

Maybe they just don't like you and your ideas? Sometimes that happens. Get over it?

Maybe they just don't like you and your ideas? Sometimes that happens. Get over it?

Oh my god. I thought you were joking with the 'im on the internet and really angry!' thing, but jeez you're actually for real. What is your problem?! We didn't get far enough to show them any ideas, but ta for your whack hypothesis Sherlock. And ANYWAY. Even if they didn't like us and our ideas, it would have been nice to get it in an email.

Oh my god. I thought you were joking with the 'im on the internet and really angry!' thing, but jeez you're actually for real. What is your problem?! We didn't get far enough to show them any ideas, but ta for your whack hypothesis Sherlock. And ANYWAY. Even if they didn't like us and our ideas, it would have been nice to get it in an email.

I'm not angry. You seem to be far to vitriolic for an Emo. I don't have a problem with you at all. I'm just saying that they don't owe you an email. They don't have to listen to you. They have maybe prejudged you on appearance and how you come across on here. Rightly or wrongly they're allowed to do that. You shouldn't get so stressed about it. Both you and Ross (who will attest to what i'm like as he's a descent friend of mine) are clever enough to do a podcast of your own and get it up on the net etc. Do that instead. It's only fucking radio for gods sake.