aberdeen-music

Kartta seek a bassist

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Hello.

Kartta are, essentially, a noisy indie pop/rock band. And we seek a quality bass player. We've recently recruited a new third guitarist and we now seek to complete the five-piece line-up with a bassist who has faith in the material and has genuine commitment in abundance.

We have been lucky enough to play several high-profile support slots and we have also played several times in Glasgow and Edinburgh, in addition to a mini tour which took us to exotic destinations such as York and Belfast.

We believe in what we are doing and want to have fun while we still can. We plan to tour again early next year so with this in mind you'd need to be flexible with regards to booking time off work/university if required. We also plan to invest time (and money) into studio recording.

We have four songs on our myspace:

MySpace.com - Kartta - Outer Space, UK - Pop / Other - www.myspace.com/karttamusic

We intend to focus upon writing new material and changing our direction slightly, thus only two of the songs on the website will likely remain in the future live set.

With this slightly new approach and direction in mind, our key influences will include:

American Football

Built to Spill

The Appleseed Cast

Early ...Trail of Dead

Broken Social Scene

Gang of Four

Buckfast

and, of course, Eurythmics.

Anyone over the age of 18 will be considered, though we would prefer someone with a similar musical outlook.

We are all pleasant geeks and we aim to have fun whilst being creative.

Throw me a PM or message on the myspace. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Phillip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karta,

I would have been up for trying out had I not been going out to South Korea to live. Have you tried callum chapman, ex turning 13 bassist? I am not sure if he's still in a band or if he'd be up for it but perhaps worth a shout. Drummonds is his usual dig. His brother greg is the singer guitarist for get in get out.

Ollie

Guest idol_wild
i might be tempted for this.

i only have a bass though. no smart amp etc.

None of us are tech snobs, though. Our previous full-time bassist didn't really own a smart bass amp either, but we got by.

Well, I say a lot of things. And that was ages ago anyway.

So, in layman's terms, you're desperate now?

Guest idol_wild
well i mean...i dont have an amp at all. or a cab. just a bass guitar.

That won't be a problem for local gigs, should we be offered any worthwhile slots.

If it came to out of town shows/tours I'm sure it's a hurdle that could be overcome.

We'd rather like a bassist who owns and knows how to use effects pedals too...