aberdeen-music

Experimental Music: Burning Harpsichord: RESURRECTION @ The Music Club, Sun Sept 28

prof_lofi

Dear Friends,

I'm very happy to tell you that The Burning Harpsichord Series of Experimental Music, Sound Art, and New Media is back! The new venue, The Music Club, have graciously agreed to host The Burning Harpsichord Series the last Sunday of every month.

For this first event we are featuring some of our finest local experimental talent. On the bill will be the relatively new supergroup TMatricarians (plus) which has various combinations of members from The Kitchen Cynics, Mickel Mass, and a few strays mixed in for an avant-garde swirl of experimental psychedelia.

Also performing will be SUMISUMI V NOMA, a project combining the efforts of Andy Da Kipp (solo artist, member of Mickel Mass, DJ) MySpace.com - Mickel Mass - Scotland - Experimental / Psychedelic / Alternative - www.myspace.com/mickelmass and NOMA (experimental improviser and drone artist very active in Glasgow) MySpace.com - Noma - Glasgow - Experimental / Ambient / Other - www.myspace.com/noma1 Both artists have performed in Aberdeen, either solo or in groups as part of The Burning Harpsichord Series at the Lemon Tree or at various events at Peacock Visual Arts, The Tunnels, Drakes and elsewhere. The combined efforts of these two gentlemen make the evening worth coming out for in and of itself.

And finally, I will be supporting with a short set of live electronics and video from material I've been developing over the past several months. Here's a link to the video program I've developed that I hope to be use for this event: brakanator Come witness a real experiment! news

Where, When, and How Much:

The event is at The Music Club, September 28th, Sunday, 7pm (get there a bit earlier though), Suggested donation at the door 3-5 (No one turned away for lack of funds, pay what you can but come either way. All funds go to artists for travel and costs.)

The Music Club (The Music Club) is located on the street just behind Bruce Millers at 52-54 Langstane Place, Aberdeen, AB11 6EN Do yourself a favor and visit sometime before the event, it's a nice coffee house alternative in town and the owners Gordon and Mark as well as the staff are extremely welcoming. TELL 'EM I SENT YOU :)

Other News:

Upcoming events for The Burning Harpsichord: For October 26th's show (as part of the s.o.u.n.d festival) will include Manchester based artist Rodrigo Constanzo, Jedburgh sound artist James Wyness , and a more extended set by myself, with some video mixed in for fun. November, well November might prove to be VERY fun if my plans come off-can't say too much yet but if it happens it should be fun. Stay tuned!

Also, I will be programming a strand in 2009 for the s.o.u.n.d festival. This one is fairly set but I would be interested in any experimental artists that you wish would play up here but haven't made it up. Send me an email if you have any ideas. From what I've seen so far of 2009's roster of s.o.u.n.d overall though, it's gonna be a doosey! (2008 looks great to btw!)

Thanks for making it this far, I'm looking very forward to seeing you all again!

Bill

.....and there will be presents!!!....and probably some guitar vandalism......!

Here's a link to Matricarians....

MySpace.com - Matricarians - Folk / Experimental / Psychedelic - www.myspace.com/matricarians

Whoo ! We're hoping to make it along. Circuit bending, guitar vandalism, and the presents of the Matricarians ... what more could we ask for ?! :love:

"Circumstance radio edit" is lovely.

I'd like to thank Free Tibet for his excellent playing in the Matricarians set...lovely Tibetan singing bowl work, dulcimer, thumb-piano, circuit-bent stuff and mini synth.

Next full Matricarians set, he and I will be using guitars more, but in an unkind way!!! :up:

Next (mini) Matricarians one will be more gentle, folky stuff at the Major Matt Mason/Francis MacDonald night.