aberdeen-music

Richard Wright: DEAD.

TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

Heard the news yesterday on the radio and it was followed by this story:

BBC NEWS | World | Afghanistan death soldier named

....thought to myself "That's just weird!" R.I.P.

Ha, there's a van driver called Dave Gilmour out there somewhere shitting himself right now.

In all seriousness though Nick Mason (not the dead one) always seemed up himself, and we all know what Waters is like, but Richard Wright always seemed like a very decent bloke. You have to wonder if Nick Mason would have played "behind" Gilmour on his solo tour like Wright did.

Ha, there's a van driver called Dave Gilmour out there somewhere shitting himself right now.

In all seriousness though Nick Mason (not the dead one) always seemed up himself, and we all know what Waters is like, but Richard Wright always seemed like a very decent bloke. You have to wonder if Nick Mason would have played "behind" Gilmour on his solo tour like Wright did.

I know what you mean, though I really enjoyed Nick Mason's book Inside Out last year (should this comment be in the book review?!). As Floyd's only constant member from the band's conception I'd like to think he would have played 'behind' Gilmour, but in thinking about it that could well be the reason as to why he didn't. Either way, going to have a listen of 'The Great Gig in the Sky' tonight. Quite fitting Wright penned it really...

"And I am not frightened of dying. Any time will do. I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying. There's no reason for it - you've gotta go sometime,"

:up: