aberdeen-music

Sixty Eight new reasons to visit The Moorings. Our mega bottled beer selection.

Flash@TMB

Went to uni with Ewan (broch minker).

Know Camie from this site and gigs etc.

Jamesy is sadly one of my best mates.

And I play footy with Jamie (although he hasn't played for ages).

As I said, it's a small world when you have great tits.

Anyway.... back to the beer............... what else will I sample tonight in the moorings?

Any suggestions?

And asides from beer, have a Zubrowka and apple juice.

No no no no, it's absolutely fucking disgusting :puke: Zubrowka is just...awful :( And it's even worse with apple juice :down: Then again, what do I know, the only vodka I can drink neat is Finlandia...say no more.

(as an aside, did you know that it was apparently Brezhnev's favourite drink?)

No no no no, it's absolutely fucking disgusting :puke: Zubrowka is just...awful :( And it's even worse with apple juice :down: Then again, what do I know, the only vodka I can drink neat is Finlandia...say no more.

(as an aside, did you know that it was apparently Brezhnev's favourite drink?)

Zubrowka and apple juice is well good! Also amazing served straight, ice cold. Mmmm.

• 4 months later...

Quick update to this thread...

I've just discovered a beer that seems to be local to Szczecin called 'Bosman'. Absolutely wonderful stuff, goes down very very easily - and it's definitely far better than Tyskie. Of course, it's nowhere to be found in Poznan :(

Currently can't get enough of the cherry beer when I pop in on Friday for the post-work warmdown, even though it only takes 2 or 3 to get me a bit boozy!

Ordered a massive crate of Duvel for my upcoming flat warming, that stuff is also the dog's balls. Cheers!

:up:

Currently can't get enough of the cherry beer when I pop in on Friday for the post-work warmdown, even though it only takes 2 or 3 to get me a bit boozy!

Ordered a massive crate of Duvel for my upcoming flat warming, that stuff is also the dog's balls. Cheers!

:up:

The cherry beer is coming on draught soon, just taking (much) longer than anticipated. Will only be available in 1/2 pints due to it's potency.

TIP: with Duvel be sure not to pour the sediment. The bottle is specially shaped to catch it provided you pour it slowly. The sediment makes it taste bitter.

• 5 weeks later...

At last the Bacchus Kriek (cherry), Framboise (raspberry), and *DANGER* La Chouffe *DANGER* are now avialable on draught.

As is customary these will be served in their own glassware which equates to 1/2 pints, and regulr 1/2 pint glasses on busy nights when they are more likely to get smashed or nicked.

We must be mad getting La Chouffe on draught...

I went down before poker to sample the Bacchus. After a half of each and a half of Budvar Dark, me, Kyle and Stuart created the greatest concottions ever.

1/2 Bacchus (Kriek or Framboize) + 1/2 Addlestones/Heritage = insanely easy to drink nutter juice.

And this needs further testing, but I am completely void of a hangover this morning.

• 4 weeks later...
flash - out of interest, what do the sales figures say are the, like, three best selling beers are?

(or is it a secret?)

I don't know. Laura could tell us though. It's not straightforward as for example you get one customer coming in and drinking 6 cases of Singha a month, so yes that's a good seller, but there may only be a couple of people drinking it, so it's not necessarily the most popular.

There's also supply problems which fuck with the figures. As we're only stocking a case or two of most things there's always the danger of running out of a particular beer on the the first day. The order only comes once a month. So by the end of the month even the most unpopular beers are starting to sell as they are the only ones left!

The fruit beers were very popular when they were in bottles, and they are now on draught and selling even more strongly, but it's hard to compare draught sales to bottle sales.

The other thing is that we stock a lot of things that are very unpopular, but for which there is a niche market. I had one of the best drinking days of my life on St Bernard's Triple and it didn't even hurt the next morning, but it's hardly a popular beer.

Overall the more beers we stock the more we sell in total.