aberdeen-music

Less Than Jake @ Moshulu

Lemonade

tickets available here:

Moshulu

ticketweb / seetickets / one up records

Its been a frustrating one for advertising, between waiting for the support information to having to redo our promo to accomodate a new ltj logo (abandoning the previous design which was ready) to other factors - posters are going out next week.

has sold well and although not sold out id get in quick.

for full up to date listings for moshulu use the website above:

• 4 weeks later...
Moshulu's promotion has been absolutely fucking atrocious ever since Jamesy left.

Surely it is the job of the bands promoters to advertise the gig, not the venue holding it?

Presumeably the bands record label or booking agent have hired the venue, so Moshulu have already covered there costs and will make there profit off the bar. I don't think Moshulu can be held totally responsible for lack of advertising, thats why there are promoters.

And i may stand corrected, but Jamesy didn't work for Moshulu did he? Didn't he work for a promoter who put bands into Moshulu?

Surely it is the job of the bands promoters to advertise the gig, not the venue holding it?

Presumeably the bands record label or booking agent have hired the venue, so Moshulu have already covered there costs and will make there profit off the bar. I don't think Moshulu can be held totally responsible for lack of advertising, thats why there are promoters.

And i may stand corrected, but Jamesy didn't work for Moshulu did he? Didn't he work for a promoter who put bands into Moshulu?

It's the job of the venue's promoter to advertise the gig, as far as I know. The band's promotor may advertise it in the likes of Kerrang, but it's up to the venue to put it in the local press, put up posters, put it on the local websites etc.

Moshulu's promotion has been absolutely fucking atrocious ever since Jamesy left.

rubbish....this isnt true...at all.......

I know because ticket sales are up, we have posters out for every gig thats on sale at the moment and because the promotion when jamesy was here (utmost respect to him) was awful because the poor guy had no help and 10 shows a week - ive had several periods of that and its not easy but we do our best. luckily i have on average about 4 or 5 most of the time until now - one every night for three weeks - so i havent quite lost the will to live just yet.

LESS THAN JAKE

as i previously stated on this gig thread, we have had to wait for the artwork to be sent up because the bands bookers wont less us do our own - it has to be theirs.Its in their contract and theyre strict about it.

they only sent it last week and it arrived friday, was up in the venue on that day and the posters went round town on the saturday.

there is another round going out tomorrow - a month before the gig.

that isnt ideal i admit but its hardly shocking?

the gig has sold 400 tickets plus and will likely sell out.

on a general note...

yes, we could do more but at the moment its a one man army....you want to help ? ill gladly take the assistance.

its me - solely - apart from one in house designer and friends who do poster runs / 2 flyer staff. Im not going to go into the ins and outs of my job because its boring but theres is plenty to do - from cleaning stages / dressing rooms / ordering drinks / buying riders to putting shows on sale and ordering tickets. you get the idea.

so on this note - we are looking for promo staff as we speak (as we have done for the last month) - feel free to get in touch if anyone fancies it.please do. seriously.

youll get free tickets and money and stuff - woo hoo.

Every effort gets made to make the bills here busyily attended:

1. im in a band - i know how shit it is to play to nobody

2. moshulu is no fun with less than 100 people so we try to avoid that- even if the band have sold less than 40 coz theyre too new (attic lights / johnny foreigner) well offer free guesties to help the band out.

3. The place needs people in to make money to survive so its in our interests.

sorry if this seems like a rant but if you knew how much work this job was you would stick up for yourself too and i think given the circumstances we do not bad here.

rant over.

enjoy the gig.

oh yeah, and people need to stop stealing our posters!

they keep getting stolen off the wall of the venue and from places in town!

micheals designs are really cool so maybe well have to stop him being so good.

Flickr: indianredlopez's Photostream

i spent three hours last week on friday and monday putting posters up and theyre all gone by sunday.

as for the ones in town - stop stealing em!

theres plenty here - get one when your in - just ask!

I used to steal the posters but only once the gig was over and I was standing in a chippy going "that poster is out of date... *yoink*".

Walking round town putting the posters up is not fun!! Good luck! :up:

thats fine - i do that!

to be fair, i normally delegate that task to someone so i cant really claim to be the one standing in the rain doing it. i have dont it when needed tho.

but your right - its not much fun this time of year.

summer is a good time to do it.

but your right - its not much fun this time of year.

summer is a good time to do it.

Yeah. I think it was this time last year that I trailed round one Saturday afternoon... and it was pouring. When you list places you know you have to go to it ends up being like a 10 mile hike!! :down:

I say bribe the kids on the top of the St Nicolas Centre to put them up! :laughing:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I Can't fucking wait, but I'm not going to be there for Less Than Jake!!!

I mean, they rock. Obviously. But the support act Pepper are the fucking shizznits. The Bee's Knee's, the Dog's Bollock's and the Wasp's Nipples's, that is to say they are proper 3 piece sublime style reggae/rock/ska, a middle class whitemans wet dream!!!

There are still a number of tickets left for this online - 30 on ticketweb.

There would have been more in one up but they have an allocation on their website - which also has 30 left.

After these are gone its completely sold out.

If neither of these sell out today, the rest will be at the door - 16 - first come first served.

I dont think the online allocations will sell out completely so if you dont buy today , come down tonight.

Basically, its not quite sold out yet but will likely do by 8pm tonight.

Get buying if you havent got already.