aberdeen-music

Lose/Loose

framheim

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite team name that I've ever used was "Ratso died on a bus" (reference to Midnight Cowboy). We used it at the Belmont Film Quiz and the film-buff quizmaster took such offence that he refused to read out our name. We were too scared to use it again. The look in his eyes haunts me.

That's a sad bit.

But the bit that REALLY gets me in that film is when Jon Voight is absolutely broke, he's lost all his money and his dream of being a gigolo has gone tits up, he goes into a cafe and all he can afford are some crackers, then the crackers break and he gets tomato sauce on his white jeans! Talk about shitty luck.

I'm welling up just thinking about it.

Guest treader.

i remember on "This Morning with Richard not Judy" they had a 5 minute rant about greengrocers using the sign "CARROT'S 30P" and the intricacies (sp?) of how a carrot could possess currency.

I was at a Disability Discrimination Act training session at one of my old jobs, and the trainer said "They don't wanted to be tret differently, they want to be tret the same as everyone else".

Bad grammar is irritating enough, but making up entirely new words is another thing altogether.

The ludicrousness of this has just made me laugh out loud several times in a quiet office.

I was at a Disability Discrimination Act training session at one of my old jobs, and the trainer said "They don't wanted to be tret differently, they want to be tret the same as everyone else".

Bad grammar is irritating enough, but making up entirely new words is another thing altogether.

yes, imagine...making up new words. what a flagbuffin. I am so glad we only have the words we started out with from the year dot.