aberdeen-music

Lose/Loose

framheim

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much for me. They both sound the same, therefore very easy to mess up and not worth getting too pedantic over.

One of the most common spelling mistakes on this board, again, fairly forgiveable:

'weird', not 'wierd'.

I think it's the worst (your / you're) becuase they are two different words / meanings, even if they do "sound the same" (unlike a "commoner garden" spelling stimake*)... as for loose and lose...I always get it wrong...but I am shit at smelling*. I still say to my self "be extra careful and use some eggs" to spell because...I was once singled out in primary three by a proper kunt of a teacher...in the spelling B's, she'd always give me "the" (pronouced "thee") and I'd always put two ee's on the end.....I'd have like to put an E in her...shame they werent* invented back then.

* ha ha ha.

I think it's the worst (your / you're) becuase they are two different words / meanings, even if they do "sound the same" (unlike a "commoner garden" spelling stimake*)... as for loose and lose...

shows how much of a cock I am. Loose and Lose are two different words...not "just" a spelling stimake...oh the shame.

Blatant spelling mistakes are annoying.

But what is most annoying is people missing letters... e.g. th car was drivin alng the rd.

Or

Adding extra letters like this...

'Hiyaa', 'Thee', 'Youu'

I could go on. What is the point of adding these extra letters?! I'm guilty of doing it sometimes e.g. byeeeeeeee. But I think it puts emphasis on how I would actually say it. It's a bad habit... Is that how they would write an essay?! Grr.

Is that how they would write an essay?! Grr.

I think you'll find that Grr has three R's. And any double key strokes are usually down to a bouncy keyboard or a lazy finger!... I often get "into the" wrong - like this "intot he"...there are a few "finger spoonerisms" i get in a knot with... usually they involve a "t" ... so I hate the letter t.

And any double key strokes are usually down to a bouncy keyboard or a lazy finger!...

I'm speaking about people who deliberately type with double letters rather than just typing the word properly. My younger cousin and all her friends seem to type on social networking sites or in text messages like that all the time. I just don't understand it.