aberdeen-music

Contradiction....?

Cloud

This is utterly illogical....

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/news-announcements/51181-we-shall-blessed.html#post682535

Then....

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/general-discussion/51318-happy-thread.html#post684154

How is the above post in any way compatible with what Dave said?

And then I get infraction points and warned for reporting the post, with this...

That isn't an example of trolling. He's making a perfectly valid point - no-one cares about you moving to Poland.

How on earth is it a valid point to say that "this thread is shit" and to be insulting towards someone, when the staff position was that such nonsense was to stop?

A bit of consistency wouldn't go amiss here....it would be nice to post in an environment where people merely debated things and used reason rather than insults to make their points.

There's just no need for abuse :/

• Upvote 2

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/news-announcements/51181-we-shall-blessed.html#post682535

Then....

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/general-discussion/51318-happy-thread.html#post684154

And then I get infraction points and warned for reporting the post, with this...

How on earth is it a valid point to say that "this thread is shit" and to be insulting towards someone, when the staff position was that such nonsense was to stop?

A bit of consistency wouldn't go amiss here....it would be nice to post in an environment where people merely debated things and used reason rather than insults to make their points.

Maybe because in the WSBB thread you were trolling, and in the happy thread, Teabags was stating the obvious?

Are you being serious? Do you honestly not know why you receive so much abuse on this web site? (which we do deal with every time by the way, taking up plenty of our valuable time)

You're seriously testing my patience.

Then....

The UK Debate forums. Political and current affairs debates

off you pop.

Fascinating, have you actually read that forum? It's basically a nice little cover for BNP-supporting types to preach about "free speech" while forgetting about their responsibilities under it.

Are you being serious? Do you honestly not know why you receive so much abuse on this web site? (which we do deal with every time by the way' date=' taking up plenty of our valuable time)[/quote']

Neil, I'm not looking for an argument over this - I'm simply utterly confused by why it's not acceptable to report a post that contained yet more personal attacks - especially given that it would've been just as easy to reply with abuse back.

Can you really not see that dear Teabags has a real and scary obsession with me to the point where he can't stop himself? I can take as good as I get, but where he's concerned, I've done my best for months to ignore his constant self-appointed moral crusade, yet he's still allowed to keep on making these attacks. It's completely and utterly illogical - you say they're dealt with, yet he's still posting them time after time.

How many people are put off posting here because they're afraid of getting their opinion flamed, particularly if it doesn't conform to what the forum collectively thinks? I'm not talking in a Stripey "You're all fucking morons for listening to rock" way, but more someone that might have something constructive to say.

Attack the opinion, not the person :down:

How was it a personal attack? Im simply stating my dislike for the topic. And the fact that nobody cares about you moving to Poland. Which they don't.

I hardly said "You're a cunt" now did I?

Your post in the WSBB topic was clearly made to start some sort of flame war. I was simply stating a fact. One which alot of epople, including a moderator, seem to agree with.

Right.

But why move, just because someone has an grudge bordering on the obsessional?

From where I'm sitting, a lot of your posts are purely written to get a reaction, whereas Teabags is just purely reacting to the utter tripe that you write most of the time. There's a big difference between the wind-up merchant and the person being wound up. Sure, sometimes he could do with just not bothering to reply but it's gotten to the point where you have gotten under peoples skin that much that some people can't help themselves. Hell, I don't even post here that much anymore but everybody knows that 99% of the stuff that you write is pure wummage.

• Upvote 1

Right.

But why move, just because someone has an grudge bordering on the obsessional?

Have a look at your reputation comments. There is plenty of people on these forums that have a dislike of the nature of your posts.

The question I find myself asking is why someone who lives and works in Poland (and South-East England before that) and who is not involved with any music scene, let alone the music scene of Aberdeen, is continuing to post on this web site.

Perhaps due to the high level of intellect and integrity of it's users? Seriously, if people agreed on everything then threads about any subject would be fairly uninteresting (let's face it everyone likes a wee bit of banter). Likewise, freedom of speech and all that bollocks is a wonderful thing that some take for granted (and others just use to cause reaction from others!). Seems some are taking this whole thing and blowing it way out of proportion. Am I wrong in thinking that forums are supposed to be there to provide a media for public OPINION and heaven forbids some entertainment along the way (I'm not saying serious issues should be left out here!)? This whole he said / she said seems fairly traivial. At the end of the day let's not lose sight of the fact that we're only talking about postings on a web based forum here. For me it's just a shame a lot of people don't get so animated or passionate when it comes to (what I would consider) more pressing issues!

• Upvote 2

Have a look at your reputation comments. There is plenty of people on these forums that have a dislike of the nature of your posts.

The question I find myself asking is why someone who lives and works in Poland (and South-East England before that) and who is not involved with any music scene, let alone the music scene of Aberdeen, is continuing to post on this web site.

Having a look at my reputation comments, you can see a little circle of people who praise each other and all reside within the same circle of the music scene. Surely you're not silly enough to miss the fact that the people making the comments all comment on each other's threads and attend gigs together?

For that reason alone, you can hardly see any validity, particularly as I've been particularly vocal about some aspects of their cliquey nature.

Not involved with any music scene? I did a few things down in the South East that no-one on this site would care or listen about, and have helped others as and when I felt like it. I don't talk about these things, they're insignificant and quite honestly would probably get pathetic remarks directed at them by keyboard warriors, so..what's the point?

As for why I continue to post? Unless plans change, I'll be moving back to Aberdeen in two years time, and still spend a fair bit of time in the city each year. For that reason, the forums are still of interest and relevance. There's some decent debates on here from time to time, when people restrain themselves from pointless petty personal attacks.

Having a look at my reputation comments, you can see a little circle of people who praise each other and all reside within the same circle of the music scene.

Actually your current visible rep comments shows a load of people who I'm fairly sure don't even know each other to say hi to, let alone all reside in the same circle.

But then I don't know le_stu, lover's spit or old gold. Dave and Ryan will know each other, but aren't anything more than acquaintances from when Ryan was in a band with me.

I think you're paranoid.

Having a look at my reputation comments, you can see a little circle of people who praise each other and all reside within the same circle of the music scene. Surely you're not silly enough to miss the fact that the people making the comments all comment on each other's threads and attend gigs together?

For that reason alone, you can hardly see any validity, particularly as I've been particularly vocal about some aspects of their cliquey nature.

Not involved with any music scene? I did a few things down in the South East that no-one on this site would care or listen about, and have helped others as and when I felt like it. I don't talk about these things, they're insignificant and quite honestly would probably get pathetic remarks directed at them by keyboard warriors, so..what's the point?

As for why I continue to post? Unless plans change, I'll be moving back to Aberdeen in two years time, and still spend a fair bit of time in the city each year. For that reason, the forums are still of interest and relevance. There's some decent debates on here from time to time, when people restrain themselves from pointless petty personal attacks.

that's not true at all. looking at your reputation comments the only person i know from that list is rathen and the last time i saw him at a gig was something at the exhibition centre. so i'm certainly not part of a conspiratorial clique out to get you and i doubt the others are too.

the only thing these people have in common is the desire to give you negative reputation based on your posts.

edit: yea, what chris said :)