aberdeen-music

Happy thread

Cloud

Well that certainly looks much more plush than the place we stayed. Probably costs a lot more as well though.

Ha! That's the bottom of my street! Nice place, with plenty of room for a ceilidh if that's what is going on? 1 minute walk away from the High Street if the reception is rubbish.

Random fact: when it was getting built, my friends and I would run about in the unfinished rooms on the way home after a night out. One of my friends still swears he saw a ghost in the top room. There was an artist shop there before it became a hotel, so not sure if there were any spooky deaths; but interesting none the less. Plenty of ghost sightings at the Cathedral and on top of Lady Hill though :love:

Elgin is a beautiful place. Growing up there made me want to burn it to the ground, however...

I'd say it's a better place to grow up in, rather than to live in during adult life. Mucking about in places like the Oakwoods, Lady Hill, Cooper Park, Fairy Park, Primrose Bay, Roseisle, Lossie Beach, Duffus Castle et al were huge parts of my younger days. Great places, where a kid could find hours of dangerous fun in.

I may go back and see if any of our old 'Bases' are still there one day soon :love:

Ha! That's the bottom of my street! Nice place, with plenty of room for a ceilidh if that's what is going on? 1 minute walk away from the High Street if the reception is rubbish.

There will be a ceilidh, but the wedding is actually taking place elsewhere in Elgin. Namely here:

Country Hotel Scotland | Country Club Elgin | Whisky Trail Scotland | Golf Scotland

But at 200 a night that place was a little steep for me. Looks awesome though.

If you're stopping through Aberdoom you're always welcome and Shaz towers (as is your lady). I have wine and I've perfected the blow up bed. It's had glowing reviews. I've also added a Wii and a live in academic to my list of impressive facilities.

I'm afraid not. It's straight to Elgin and back to Glasvegas for me. :(

Nice place, the Mansion House. Used to be employed as a gardener there, so can confirm that it's pretty idyllic...

It's also at the foot of Lady Hill (place for people to get pissed/stoned/impregnated at during the night), which gives you a great view of the whole of Elgin and beyond. Totally recommend going up there and sitting on the Castle ruins.

There will be a ceilidh, but the wedding is actually taking place elsewhere in Elgin. Namely here:

Country Hotel Scotland | Country Club Elgin | Whisky Trail Scotland | Golf Scotland

But at 200 a night that place was a little steep for me. Looks awesome though.

just fuck yourself up, and stay at Dr Gray's hospital for free on the night? you pay your NI don't you?..... ho ho

PS, you are nobody if you haven't rolled down the Duffus Castle Hill....HARDCORE

I got a brilliant haircut today for three pounds, in a hairdresser located underneath my flat. The hairdresser took 25 minutes, and did a great job with a smile.

Can't argue :D

I'm also happy that this country appears to be considerably happier than the UK - many kids look considerably less stressed, and I still haven't seen any drunken teenagers.

I did however see a guy with a sign asking for beer...so I gave him money :)