aberdeen-music

Frightened Rabbit + We Were Promised Jetpacks + The Little Kicks @ Moshulu

I thought Frightened Rabbit were amazing! Loved Head Rolls Off, The Twist and Poke. I quite liked We Were Promised Jetpacks, hadn't heard any of their songs before so didn't really know what to expect. Little Kicks were alright too.

Only problem was trying to buy drink!! One drink per person unless the people you were buying for were with you at the bar!! That was an absolute joke.:down:

Guest idol_wild
Only problem was trying to buy drink!! One drink per person unless the people you were buying for were with you at the bar!! That was an absolute joke.:down:

I'm with you on that one. Absolute sham. Everytime I go to Moshulu I have a minimum of a 10 minute wait for a beer. Last night I refused to wait any longer. So I had only two pints, rather than maybe five or six. Moshulu should perhaps take this into consideration and employ more bar staff, or more competent bar staff who can recognise the order of customers.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wanted a few more drinks than were reasonably attainable.

Strange venue. I'm not sure I'll ever warm to it.

Last night was great , thanks to anyone who came down early and listened to our set.

I think thats the last time well play as a three piece, its fun and all that but we do miss I toby.

Some songs work and some dont but it isnt the same without him.Bits just suddenly appear when you think oh god why does it sound empty! overall i enjoyed playing but im looking forward to taking a self imposed break from playing the deen after november.

People are probably sick of the sight of us and itd be good to go away and finish our new stuff and wait a while before coming back to refresh our enjoyment of playing here/ aberdeen punters interest in our set.

We were promised jetpacks - i really enjoyed, third time ive seen them and although they were better at connect they are a fun band to watch. drummer is like an octopus.

frabbit - really enjoyed, poke was a highlight, would have killed for a "be less rude"!

the twist is such a good song live, and i have a new love for the "keep yourself warm" now.

I thought it was a great night.

as for the bar staff issue - sorry, its wristband everyone at the entrance for them to get served (which takes ages and is pointless when only 10% of the venue - if that- are under 18) or just id at the bar.

and last night the bar was shortstaffed due to illness i believe.

will pass feedback onto bar managers although im sure theyll read this.

to be honest, i dont think anyone expected it to be as rammed as it was!

least of all the band....the frabbit boys were overjoyed.

2 situations that happened at a gig last night.

Situation 1: You're 18-21, and in your group is a 17 year old who can't buy alcohol. 17's close enough, so you or a mate go buy them a pint.

You know what happens there? At the very minimum, I'll get fired for not following policy, but I'll probably be liable for a fine too, as the one who supplied the alcohol.. You get fined 1000 for buying alcohol for someone under 18. The licensee gets fined 2500 and loses their license. Barfly fires them, and potentially loses their business because they'll have a very hard time trying to get another entertainments licence in Aberdeen.

Situation 2: You get ID'd, go on and on about being 24 but don't have any ID to back this up, so you get someone else to buy you a drink.

Not as serious, because hopefully you can prove your age later, but you and the other person will be ejected immediately, potentially banned for not adhering to managements rules. I get crap from you probably, from security for allowing alcohol to be passed, from the licensee, who is shitting themselves that you're not of age. Or whichever member of bar staff who is responsible for you acquiring a drink will get torn a new one for putting the whole company at risk for the sake of a 2.50 can of Red Stripe.

I'm not saying you were trying to buy for someone underage, 99% of people aren't, but unfortunately it's one rule for all.

You know what's actually an absolute joke? Customers who think their right to buy 2 drinks instead of 1 should be more important to me than my job/risk of prosecution.

Thank god for the right to refuse service.

On the topic of the lack of staff, the estimated attendance based on presales was alot less than the numbers that turned out, and staffing costs restrict us to 1 member of staff per x amount estimated to attend. The x here is not a number I'm happy with in any way, but that's a 'powers that be' grumble... Anyway, it's one of those things that happens from time to time, not alot can be done about it.

As a fan, I was just happy for the band that there was a really good turn out, and if I was on the other side of the bar, I'd have been paying more attention to them than my undying need for beer in the bar queue.