aberdeen-music

Where would you move?

Le Stu

Kingston because it's not too far from London, and it's nice, not too big either.

But then you'd end up in Del's infamous shed! Actually...seeing as that shed has clearly seen more than your average music venue, it wouldn't be a bad thing :D

(you must know what I'm talking about if you know about Kingston....)

I moved out of Aberdeen to Chelmsford for uni (nice town, nice pubs, close to London...not much more I could ask for). And I'm moving to Poland next summer, to either Wroclaw or Poznan. Both nice cities, summers are long and warm, winters aren't anything out of the ordinary for Aberdonians. Can't really go wrong, really.

It always amazes me how many Scots don't move out of the country, actually...despite Scots having a reputation for ending up all over the world.

everyone has slept in that shed at some point. del = uk's biggest scenester? sadly missed him when I was down in K'town last time

I adore Scotland, we have access to some of the most beautiful scenery in a matter of an hour or so. I'd like to move into the Kinnaird Estate at some point in the next few years.

On the long term, due to the type of work I do, I could easily see myself ending up in America (Boston, New York) or Canada (Vancouver plz)

I'd like to retire in rural France, probably the dordogne area or out somewhere a bit closer to the west near roquefort/la rochelle

I'd like to live somewhere in South America for a while, Argentina or Venezuala probably.

I've stayed in Ghana and Nepal for short periods (5 months and 3 months) and would happily go back and live in both countries for longer periods.

Out of places in Europe I've been to Germany is the country that would most appeal to me to live there.

If I was to move to another British city, Edinburgh would be my first choice.

Ideally Micronesia but realistically somewhere in the Phillipines, can get a decent house with like 3 bedrooms, swimming pool etc for about 20,000.

Myself and the Mrs plan buying a place there in a few years time so we can stay there during the winter (which is nice at that time of year) and I can go diving every day

lived in Crete for 6 months last year and though i enjoyed it i am not sure if i would really want to live there for ever. also lived in turku, finland briefly, and though it's a lovely place to stay again i don't think i'd want to live there forever.

i have lived in Vancouver for 6 months now and absolutely love it, it's not without its downsides but it has so much going for it that i am not sure why i would want to leave now. plenty of work, close to the US, whistler < 2 hrs away, vancouver island, BC interior on the doorstep. it is a very multi cultural place and there are so many blends of style and food, it's great.

i don't really miss much about aberdeen, except friends and family. i could see myself retiring in scotland (if i could afford it!) one day, maybe in deeside where i grew up. who knows though, you never know what is around the corner.

i can't really think of anywhere i'd really like to stay, as my experiences of living somewhere are really different from visiting the same places. i haven't really outgrown my city-dweller stage yet. Would maybe like to stay somewhere like Sydney.

I stayed in Geneva, Switzerland for a few months last year, and it was absolute amazing. I'd move back there in a heartbeat. I actually got the offer to move there permanently but it wasn't feasible at the time. It's cold as fuck there in the winter like, but come April it's hotter than hell.

Agreed. I'm flying out there in a fortnight for a wedding just across the French border and I'm planning to at least try and get a day in Geneva before driving across.

But then you'd end up in Del's infamous shed! Actually...seeing as that shed has clearly seen more than your average music venue, it wouldn't be a bad thing :D

(you must know what I'm talking about if you know about Kingston....)

Hah, I've never been to 'the shed'. :D

My granny lives in Kingston. It's nice and clean.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only met Del a couple of times, but the first time I was regaled with a story of his alleyway activities the night before. Some boy! How can he know SO many people?!

On topic, I quite fancy living somewhere in Eastern Europe. Croatia, the Czech Republic, Ukraine or Poland would be good.