aberdeen-music

What was your childhood fear?

Lemonade

I remember totally baffling my mum as I freaked out over an episode of Fingermouse (anyone remember it?) I always watched it whenever it was on but for some reason one day a particular episode frightened the crap out of me. Don't think they even had scary episodes but the programme always featured musical instruments and maybe the music was ominous or something.

fingermouse.jpg

I also had to leave the room when the final round of Catchphrase come on, for no discernable reason. Again I think it was something to do with the music counting down the seconds that scared me.

I was an odd child.

When I was about 4 or 5 there was a stop motion kids programme on every halloween about a pumpkin on a stick that came to life and terrorised the neighbourhood. Scared the crap out of me every year for no real reason, but I still watched it.

Sadly nowadays theres way too many rational things to be scared about to bother with the irrational ones.

I remember totally baffling my mum as I freaked out over an episode of Fingermouse (anyone remember it?) I always watched it whenever it was on but for some reason one day a particular episode frightened the crap out of me. Don't think they even had scary episodes but the programme always featured musical instruments and maybe the music was ominous or something.

fingermouse.jpg

I also had to leave the room when the final round of Catchphrase come on, for no discernable reason. Again I think it was something to do with the music counting down the seconds that scared me.

I was an odd child.

I remember being afraid of an episode of Button Moon actually. Weird.

The Hood!

My Dad nicknamed me, "The Hood" when I was a kid because I was always up to no good. He still calls me that to this very day.

I was shit scared of 'Poltergeist'. I saw it when I was 4. The scene where they fall into the swimming pool with all the skeletons still makes me feel unsettled.

I also had a recurring dream where a vampire chased me up a spiral staircase. I'd always wake up clutching my neck. I never actually saw the vampire in the dream... which kinda made it scarier.

Oh yeah! Me and my dad sat and watched all the Poltergeist movies when I was about 8(great parenting there dad!). Scared the wits out of me.

Guest idol_wild
how old were you when you saw it?

you'd have to be pretty young to find ghostwatch scary surely?!?

I was twelve. I remember watching it and a framed tapestry my mother had made years ealier fell of the wall and shattered on the floor. Even my parents freaked!

I was an impressionable youngster :)

i saw it in 1998, so i was 9/10. 7 years after it came out. i wasnt fussed.

i'm not trying to sound all tough or anything though.

Did you know beforehand that it was a spoof though? When it was on TV originally it was broadcast as a serious documentary. Hence why everyone watching it thought it was all really happening, and Sarah Greene was dead.

Guest treader.

yeah well i just watched a video we had lying about.

i think my sisters or parents or someone had recorded it when it was on, then we just had the video.

so i watched it not really even knowing what ghostwatch was.

Guest treader.

i can kinda get the geese thing.

i live near a nature reserve and the geese there are fucking lethal.

i remember having bread as a kid to feed the little ducks and this fuck off goose pecked my entire hand basically.

i hated it.